Forums
Posted By: lawton corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 7:08pm
took my car for an MOT today and it failed on a couple of things but one of them was that i didnt have any fog lights. ive changed the bulbs and the drivers side fog light at the back comes on now but the one on the passenger side does`nt.
does anyone no if the corsa b model only has one fog light at the back or is it suppose to have two fog lights.
Posted By: scoop Re: corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 7:17pm
only need 1 legally mate,if its not fittd then ur fine but if it is fittede but blown get it repaced.if they insist the corsa B shud have 2(meaning uve ruined it by moddin then just fit one) check for the wiring.Im gonna wire me a left hand fog light just so the car looks more symetrical in the fog lol
Posted By: Scooby Re: corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 8:00pm
The law states :

You must have a fog lamp fitted to the offside rear of the vehicle, this must be in good working order, secure to the vehicle and not obstructed.

There must be a warning lamp inside the vehicle or an illuminated switch to warn you when the fog lamp is on.
You can have a nearside rear fog lamp also but this is not compulsary. doh

So, your fine if the offside fog lamp is working mate thumbsup
Posted By: lawton Re: corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 8:31pm
cheers for that scooby. looks like thats 1 off the list to do so it passes the MOT. thanks aswell to scoop for the advice
Posted By: Scooby Re: corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 9:33pm
What else did it fail on ??
Posted By: lawton Re: corsa fog lights - 9th Mar 2005 9:54pm
wiper blades.
no fog lights
rear brakes are white not red. so bought some new lights from the scrappy for £20 for both. lexus lights had no reflectors in or something so thats why they were white.
neons under car. the wires were hanging to low so could catch on steering and cause a fire.
ball joint i think. (not sure, somthing like that)
and something else which just needed tighting up.

all in all the garge said it would be about £100 plus VAT to fix so took it to my dads mate whos got his own garage and hes charging me £30. plus hes going to fit a new sump and gasket for £50 cause the sump has started to rot. so got a new sump and gasket from a place in rock ferry for £40. not bad as vaxhuall wanted £120
Posted By: Dazza Re: corsa fog lights - 14th Mar 2005 11:54am
Handy having a dad thats got his own garage - Saves alot of money!

The things it failed on arnt much, just little bits and bobs that need tidying up/little labour.

Good news that MOT wont cost much, nice one!

You've escaped for another year now!
Posted By: lawton Re: corsa fog lights - 14th Mar 2005 6:07pm
DAZZA - Handy having a dad thats got his own garage - Saves alot of money!

LAWTON - its not my dads garage but my dads mates garage.

got my fog lights working now. it going into my dads mates garage tomorrow to get fixed for the MOT but its only costing me £35. so not to bad. booked in to get re MOT on wednesday
© Wirral-Wikiwirral