Forums
Posted By: DavidB Central Locking open/close button - 17th Apr 2005 10:37am
The only lock on my car is the one at the catch. The only way to lock it is with the remote, or when the igntion is switched on, the doors lock (carjacking etc).
Anyone know the wiring on C/L, as I want to put a dash mounted switch (From a Fiat) which opens and closes the locks. IT's a pain having to swich the igntion off to let someone out.
Posted By: scoop Re: Central Locking open/close button - 23rd Apr 2005 10:41pm
Try aceritz as he fits them, or if u got hold of a wiring diagram from the manufacturers of the alarm and we had a look at it together i reckon i could tell you how to interface the button into the system. There is a way to disable anti-carjacking you know. i disabled mine as my locks are bust and get jammed locked sometimes on the drivers side. i think ill get that fixed next week as ill have loadsa spare time. Wheres the interior door pin?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Central Locking open/close button - 5th May 2005 1:05am
Sorted it out, went to the big switch at the lock, and attached a three-way in/off-out/off switch to two of the wires. wink
Posted By: Smiler198 Re: Central Locking open/close button - 7th May 2005 6:35pm
Id guess you'd need to put a relay in the ciruit that when power was took off (ie ignition) the relay cut the central locking switch to stop it from working, and people braking in and pressing the button. This is ideal if you cant open the door without pushing the lock up. Remove the locking thing and then your laughing.

If the door gets jammed, your screwed tho.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral