Forums
Posted By: Basskiddanny Help with how to fit harness's - 18th Feb 2005 3:02am
Hey if anybody fancies helpin me to fit my 3 point Sabelt Harnesses either on friday during the day (earlier prefered) or any time atall on saturday then let me know, they are the bolt in type and i am wanting to keep the original belts too.....

Not too sure how you do it if you are keeping the rear seats....which i am doing for the time being....
Posted By: John WRX Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 18th Feb 2005 8:48pm
bolt the rear point to your rear seat belt clips under the back seat.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 18th Feb 2005 9:07pm
do be do be doo! lol i have done this tease

Remove rearseat belt receivers and bolt in position there.
Posted By: scoop Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 18th Feb 2005 9:37pm
Question relating to this.Can a person sit in the middle at the back with 3 pointers in??and is there a way of fittin the shoulder straps without them goin near the rear seats or a roll cage.Can they be bolted to the rear mounting bolts of the front seats??????
Posted By: Scooby Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 18th Feb 2005 10:05pm
If you want to still use your rear seats then bolt them threough the rear seat belt recievers but leave them in also, this way you can still use your rear seats and rear seat belts.

I can still fit 3 people in the rear but the harness do slightly get in the way.

The middle seat is okay for someone to sit in but they have to climb over the harnesses to get into the middle seat first. Acceptable for kids in the back but you struggle with adults.

Do Not bolt the harnesses through the rear bolts of your front seats. This will not provide you with the correct protection if you are involved in a crash. They are recommended to be bolted into the rear seay belt reciever holes only.
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 19th Feb 2005 12:10pm
When you bolt them in do you put the harnesses on the bottom then the original bits on top or the other way around?
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 19th Feb 2005 12:17pm
Also do you use the original bolts or the ones that came with the harnesses???
Posted By: Scooby Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 19th Feb 2005 2:13pm
it dosnt matter which way around you bolt them mate, just make sure the original bolts are long enough so they still screw into the chassis a good few turns.
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 19th Feb 2005 3:16pm
Is there a particular torque they should be at? or just as tight as they will go??

Ive got bolts that came with the harnesses and they were used in a corsa before mine in the same way. Ill probably put them in on monday lunch time at college.

Cheers for the help everyone. At the next meet my car should be drastically improved, i.e new front and rear bumpers, possibly tinted windows and should also have a few nice touches to the interior!
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: Help with how to fit harness's - 20th Feb 2005 3:01am
Was looking at my seats and because they are so wide in the car im going to have to un-bolt the subframes to get the harness on the centre console side of each seat, will have to be thursday i guess.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral