Forums
Posted By: lawton mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 1:50pm
has any of the vauxhall boys or anybody else ever fitted a mantzel inlet manifold, tony had offered to help out but was just wondering if anybody has fitted one before, need to no asap, before i buy it
Posted By: Dazza Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 1:54pm
Lets see some pics mate
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 2:09pm
this is hopefuly the one iam buying,
[Linked Image]

and this is one fitted and painted
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dazza Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 2:25pm
Do you know if the ports match?
If they physiclly fit in the bay?
If the bolt hole align up?
If TB (Throttlebody) will fit?

Answer these and I can help
Posted By: Dazza Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 3:20pm
Right you havnt replied and am off out in a min, by the looks of that pic (and I found it on eBay) it will go on.

It comes with the throttlebody etc the only things extra you may need are a gasket and a induction pipe to connect your filter. Fitting wont be hard either
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 3:29pm
Originally posted by Dazza:
Right you havnt replied and am off out in a min, by the looks of that pic (and I found it on eBay) it will go on.

It comes with the throttlebody etc the only things extra you may need are a gasket and a induction pipe to connect your filter. Fitting wont be hard either
iam not sure on the answers to those questions but iam trying to find the asnwers out, the induction, i believe you use a cav diesiel or something but iam finding that out aswell
Posted By: Dazza Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 3:31pm
You could buy a length of silicon hose if you got stuck as there doesnt seem to be any sensors in it, its just a piece of piping
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 3:46pm
just found this on mig web, i wouldnt have to change the lower inlet,

remove upper inlet manifold and throttle body, remove lower inlet manifold, swap fuel rail onto new lower manifold, extend loom for the tps on the throttle body, fit new lower manifold, bolt throttle body to the mantzelbox, and mantzel box to the lower manifold, recconect throttle body, fit new servo hose and vac pipes, job done
Posted By: Dazza Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 3:47pm
That says you do.

I posume by lower manifold there talking about a sandwich plate?

Seems pretty straight forward aslong as you have all the parts - Just need to extend the wiring
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 4th Feb 2006 5:56pm
yeah, i no it says there but ive allready got the correct lower inlet manifold
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 6th Feb 2006 9:52am
As far as i know its a direct swap
Posted By: red20 Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 6th Feb 2006 7:53pm
thought u wud be after an xe after u had ago in mine
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 6th Feb 2006 8:07pm
His power will be close to an XE if the mantzel pays off 15bhp increase. if he then get a manifold and cams. even pullies he could be on for 140bhp
Posted By: SL1D3R Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 7th Feb 2006 10:58pm
Lawton! what u doin to that pimpin corsa now?? whats next NOS? a turbo? a jet engine?
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 8th Feb 2006 7:52pm
Originally posted by SL1D3R:
Lawton! what u doin to that pimpin corsa now?? whats next NOS? a turbo? a jet engine?
lol, decided not to but it, as to get the best gains from it then i would of had to buy a manifold, cams and a re-map, would rather spend the money on bodywork at the moment
Posted By: DavidB Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 9th Feb 2006 6:50pm
You'd pay more for that than an XE as well.
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 14th Feb 2006 3:07pm
so u gettin the inlet or not!! its alright havin a 2ltr xe but you don't see many 1.4 or 1.6 xe's tuned to the max bud!!
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 15th Feb 2006 7:20pm
nope, didnt get it, going to spend the money on the bodywork instead and then save up for a
red-top
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 15th Feb 2006 8:14pm
yawn, redtop, be different go crazy and get a C25XE.

For you none vauxhall boys and girls that the 2.5l v6 found in vauxhalls in the 1990's
Posted By: lawton Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 15th Feb 2006 8:31pm
i would love one daz, even though people say they handle worse cause the ectra weight, there only an extra 20kg heavier then the redtop, but no one make a fitting kit for it to go into a corsa, so you have to make all the engine mounts etc yourself
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: mantzel inlet manifold - 16th Feb 2006 9:35am
am sure courtency sport do a kit if you phone them up!! mmmmmm the v6 noise how fit!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral