Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Chip for VW diesel engines - 5th Nov 2005 8:15pm
My bro's got a seat toledo 1.9tdi 110, the same engine used in vw's, skoda's, and audi's. Seeing as the base unit is the same as the 130 and 150bhp models, I assume he could find an ecu to fit his that would bring it up a few bhp?? Any idea where to go and anything to look out for would be great, cheers.
Posted By: scoop Re: Chip for VW diesel engines - 5th Nov 2005 8:52pm
Wonder what the difference is between that and the 150BHP version??? Maybe if he got hold of the 150 ECU and a few other bits he could have 150? And a chip on the 150BHP VAG engine ups it to 200BHP and 200 torque
Posted By: Wheels Re: Chip for VW diesel engines - 7th Nov 2005 12:21am
I bought one of these:
[Linked Image]

the Resistor inside makes the car suck in more cold air and add more fuel= more power got mine off ebay for 26quid. good thing is it just clicks straight in, bad point is you use allot of fuel.

my car
1.9 TDI PD 96KW 130bhp increases to 155bhp + 40Nm of Torque

try here on ebay:
l-i-n-k

Boring bit how it works:
The t-box is merged directly into the sensor technology of the engine. The controller of the respective vehicle gets now sent by the t-box data and adapts the mixture. The t-box changes the sensor signals so that the injection amount and the injection pressure is again computed. By the again computed amount of filling and in connection with the increased injection pressure a clear increase of the torque (Nm) is obtained. The mixture is co-ordinated further directly on the controller of the vehicle and adapted optimally. The load pressure of the turbocharger is raised not directly by the t-box but determined and controlled further over the controller. Since no maximum load limiters by the t-box to be waived are reduced damage and increased wear to a minimum. All diagnostic functions do not remain and it error messages in the diagnostics memory are put down.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Chip for VW diesel engines - 7th Nov 2005 11:01am
Yes my company manufactures these & distributes them worldwide and they do work very well indeed. Can be picked up from as little as £19 from Ebay.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Chip for VW diesel engines - 8th Nov 2005 10:33pm
Mike's Toledo has the AHS engine, NOT the PD one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral