Forums
Posted By: Go Go Gadget increase boost - 13th Jan 2005 2:28am
can i get a boost valve that can be tuned up to make me faster, if so does any one now where and how to do it
Posted By: StuyMac Re: increase boost - 13th Jan 2005 9:37am
Depends how its controlled on VW's

I have a funny feeling they are controlled through the ECU on the newer cars, and fitting bleed valves ecu can really mess them up frown

Ideally youll need an EPROM chip fitted to the ECU to control the boost and sort the fueling out. Even if your car still uses mechanical boost control, an ECU remap is a very good idea to match the fueling to the boost level.
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 2:58am
are they dear, and where can i get them from
Posted By: StuyMac Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 9:42am
Try Here smile
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 2:09pm
Stuy can't he put a boost valve then dissconnect the boost solenoid valve if the ECU takes over? I did this on my SX200 and got boost from 7PSi to 13Psi no problem.
If you need a boost valve that doesn't create turbo lag (most boost valves basically leak air to trick the turbo thus making lag) then there is a US site which I used to have on my system. I will have another look for you
Posted By: StuyMac Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 2:27pm
Im not too sure how the boost is controlled on the New Audis confused

A friend has a Seat Cupra R (1.8 turbo and similar type engine) and Im pretty sure he said something about the conventional wastegate actuator being replaced by an electronic soleniod valve which, rather than be opened and closed by physical pressure in the inlet, is electronically opened and closed by a signal from the ECU.
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 2:50pm
If that's the case why don't you simply put a low resistor in one of the wire controlling the wastegate solenoid.
Pretty easy to do for any DIY person.

Originally posted by StuyMac:
Im not too sure how the boost is controlled on the New Audis confused

A friend has a Seat Cupra R (1.8 turbo and similar type engine) and Im pretty sure he said something about the conventional wastegate actuator being replaced by an electronic soleniod valve which, rather than be opened and closed by physical pressure in the inlet, is electronically opened and closed by a signal from the ECU.
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 2:57pm
bloody hell there is a lot of knoledge flowing in this topic, cheers for the help i just dont want to damage the engine .

whats the worst that could happen if i do it
Posted By: StuyMac Re: increase boost - 14th Jan 2005 3:15pm
The ECU on them is too complicated frown

The ECU gets its boost signal from a pressure sensor on the inlet, this is where you would have to put your resistor to trick the ECU. However, tricking the ECU will also reduce fueling which is mucho dangerous. Conventionally tricking an actuator wasnt as bad, as although increasing boost the fueling was the same, and not reduced.

On the Seat the ECU even reduces boost should it peak to high, so tricking it to go higher, would just cause it to reduce it again, but cause problems with fueling along the line.

Give Revo a call Jim, my mate with the seat looked at all this before he got his done, and the safest, best (And only I belive) was to have the Revo ECU and controller fitted.

Originally posted by Superdavelotus:
If that's the case why don't you simply put a low resistor in one of the wire controlling the wastegate solenoid.
Pretty easy to do for any DIY person.
Posted By: golfvr Re: increase boost - 17th Jan 2005 7:49am
Want you need is >>>...

N75J valve, standard VAG upgrade, ups the turbo psi by 2-3.(£40)

An upgraged DV valve (not a BOV) dump valve,or even just a stock TT valve.(£20-£80)

K+N 57i kit (£85)

Then last but not least a remap, to 196bhp, (£305) fitted at home or work.

Mine will have all fitted, if ya wanna test drive.

Paul
© Wirral-Wikiwirral