Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 EG2 suspension - 1st Apr 2006 4:38pm
Hi all, been thinkin about after my car has been sprayed, getting some coilovers fitted. The problem I have is that I've been told that my car is the EG2 Civic that was built only for a couple of months between the EG (91-95) and the EK (96-00). Basically, this car takes all body parts and some mechanical parts from the EG, and some mechanical parts from the EK.

Which car would it's suspension system come from?? Do I need to look for coilovers to fit an EG or EK?

Also, does anyone know if a system for a hatch will fit mine? It's a coupe.
Posted By: Scooby Re: EG2 suspension - 1st Apr 2006 6:02pm
think
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: EG2 suspension - 1st Apr 2006 10:04pm
mines like that, mines an EJ9, an in between civic. mmmmm think if you register on a website like civiclife.net they could help you, they seem to be very knowledgeable aboot all things Honda.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: EG2 suspension - 1st Apr 2006 10:30pm
Cheers Scotty, rather confuzzled about this. I'll give civiclife a try.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: EG2 suspension - 2nd Apr 2006 10:48am
Sorry, model number is EJ2 smack
Posted By: scoop Re: EG2 suspension - 2nd Apr 2006 9:38pm
good luck in ur quest jimbo,personally i dont get the numbers in the honda name but i (thought) i had the letters down to a T,EG is urs,EK is andys,EP is pauls. But EJ on an EG,confused,and what the hell is the 9 for?? and the 2??
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: EG2 suspension - 2nd Apr 2006 11:40pm
EJ methinks is the US version. They're all chassis codes, and mine starts "EJ2". EG and EK are JDM, not sure about EP though coz I know there's british versions of the newer ones and it could be one of them.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: EG2 suspension - 5th Apr 2006 12:39pm
i think the EJ was when they were replacing the EG with the EK but still used some EG components. im not too sure though. its like a transvestite car, looks like one thing but is actually something different. lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral