Forums
Posted By: scoop Inlet manifolds? - 3rd Nov 2005 6:23pm
Another question for dazza possibly. Now i have my shiny new rocker cover i want to show it off not hide it under my intake tract.For this reason,and the fact ill be able to run a 2.0TB i want to fit the 1.8 intake manifold to the 1.6 this weekend.

Will it fit,will it adversly affect performance? It shouldnt make it run lean.If it does i will change it back so the main question is,will it fit?
Posted By: Dazza Re: Inlet manifolds? - 3rd Nov 2005 8:42pm
Yes it will fit smile
From memory i think yours is the EFI cast manifold (same as my fiesta) and like you say the airducting goes over the camcover, this in my eyes will heat the intake temps and like you say hides the cover.

By fitting the 1.8 inlet (I posume its off the zetec-e engine) you are changing the surface of where the throttlebody lies, so rather than being channeld over the camcover it simply goes around. If you have any probs with fitting it give me a shout!

It will make the car run lean, so if persistant on doing this try using a high octane fuel and see how it runs then smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Inlet manifolds? - 3rd Nov 2005 9:39pm
Might be gettin a bit excessive now like but u think maybe 1.8 injectors could help lol? Just to keep the fuelling sweet til i can afford the insurance to make "the big jump" to 1.8
Posted By: Dazza Re: Inlet manifolds? - 4th Nov 2005 1:13pm
I would doubt it - Its basicly doing mods that the ECU cant deal with, id say at a push try the inlet but dont get too complicated - All good things to those that wait as you'll enjoy the 1.8 more
© Wirral-Wikiwirral