Forums
Posted By: stubbzy More power - 11th Jan 2005 10:44am
As some of you may know i'm looking for more power from my 1.4 civic. I don't wanna change the car for a bigger engined motor just yet i wanna see what i can do to this first.
Anyone got any ideas please??
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: More power - 11th Jan 2005 1:57pm
1.8 Integra engine? laugh

Superchip
Supercharger
4 branch manifold
Nos
Turbo
Performance internals eg: camshaft, valves, plugs etc etc

The list is endless mate, hope this helps in some way though.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: More power - 11th Jan 2005 2:51pm
those chips from ebay? 15 bhp gain lol
Posted By: scoop Re: More power - 11th Jan 2005 2:59pm
Pushin a 1.4 is not a good use of money. You could spend 1000quid and u wont see much more than 30bhp extra but spend 1k on an engine transplant with a few twists and u could probably get a 180bhp(ish) motor
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: More power - 12th Jan 2005 6:17pm
The integra 1.8 engine pushes out 190bhp as standard smile
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: More power - 12th Jan 2005 6:39pm
I wouldnt bother trying to get any more power from it. Save up for a while and get a new engine. Like scoop says, itd be a waste of money tuning a 1.4.
Posted By: Dazza Re: More power - 12th Jan 2005 8:56pm
2.0 Prelude Enigine?

Aint worth the agro Stubzy b'cos all you can really do is bore it out, gas-flow the head, uprate cams and lifters etc and u will pay a lot for this with very little gain.
Posted By: Crevis Re: More power - 12th Jan 2005 9:24pm
Originally posted by jimbo4x4:
The integra 1.8 engine pushes out 190bhp as standard smile
laugh laugh laugh
a nice engie transplant stubbzy lol
Posted By: Scooby Re: More power - 13th Jan 2005 1:23am
A suttle shot of Nitrous Oxide mate, a 50 shot maybe (25 BHP Gain) and you will be happy mate, trust me its well worth it.....

I will have to take you out in the scooby one day when i have re-filled my nitrous oxide and show you the differance it makes.... Its awesome, Just ask web-master (He cakes it everytime i use it)
Posted By: stubbzy Re: More power - 13th Jan 2005 9:39am
Yeah i hear what you guys are sayin. I probably will just save up for a bigger engine.

Nitrous Oxide is a serious possibility at the moment, i'm so tempted.I'll pop down to autosafe sometime Scooby & ask you a bit more about it & also defo take you up on that offer sometime..thanks.
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: More power - 14th Jan 2005 2:28pm
My advise is the Nos and also go for weight saving. At the end of the day, it's power-to-weight ratio that gets you to 60 quicker. It's far easier and cheaper taking non essential bits off your car.
Modifying any engine results in wear. If you do a weight saving program then this in theory will have less stress on your engine as it's shifting less weight.
The route of Nos is quite a good one as any bolt on mod can easily be taken off when you come to sell it and put on your new car or sell it on Ebay!
You can't do that with a new engine or at least wouldn't be easy. Insurance can also be a pain to get if changing engines as can selling it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: More power - 14th Jan 2005 2:35pm
would be worth looking into getting bigger brakes as well if your looking at bigger power smile

Nos sounds good, as you could take it off and put it on your next car if you wanted, but make sure you got enough cash spare to refil the bottle when its empty!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral