Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 4th Jan 2005 5:26pm
Feels like I haven't been on these boards in months, happy new year people smile

Some of you may know my bro has a 306 1.9td. He's looking for a little more power and I heard that by tuning the wastegate valve on the turbo to 1.5bar, and fitting a full exhaust system and an induction kit can give close to 130bhp. Can anyone tell me how safe this is? Is the engine likely to last only another 10k miles?

Cheers for any help happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 5th Jan 2005 9:47am
The car should run 15psi happily on the std fueling, ive heard of some running 19psi with the fueling adjusted, but I doubt the tiny TD turbo could cope with 1.5 bar eek (22.5psi)

Dead easy to adjust though (once you can get to the actuator which is between the engine and bulkhead on the 306's).

If it has and adjustable actuator - lengthen it, or he could fit a bleed valve. Make sure he has a boost gauge fitted though, to check his boost pressure smile
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 5th Jan 2005 7:14pm
Nice one Stu, so you think it'd be okay at 19psi? He was gonna adjust the fueling to match anyway. I'll make sure he gets a boost gauge to make sure he's not running too much. Thanks again for the help mate wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 6th Jan 2005 9:56am
If he get the fueling set up, 19psi should be ok engine wise, though Im not sure how long the turbo will last think

15psi should be safe with just a boost adjustment smile
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 7th Jan 2005 3:06am
Cheers happy
Posted By: scoop Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 7th Feb 2005 8:53pm
Did he ever go thru with this matey
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 8th Feb 2005 2:24am
He hasn't yet, he's just been saving and bought some alloys for it so i think it's the next job on the list happy
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 8th Feb 2005 11:55am
Jimbo have you seent he Lexus style lights for the 306 on Ebay? they go for about £25-30 which is a steal compared to other models.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pug 1.9td turbo adjustment - 8th Feb 2005 1:26pm
My bro just wants his car to look smart, not modded. Thanks anyway dave.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral