Forums
Posted By: Scooby Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 13th Nov 2003 11:52pm
Nitrous Oxide and Turbochargers

Why ever would you want to, or need to?
There are lots of very good reasons for adding Nitrous Oxide Injection to a turbo car or to a turbo motorcycle. Apart from more power, how would you like FULL BOOST at any RPM? Maximum power from the second you push the pedal?

[Linked Image]

1) Because it totally removes all turbo lag - completely! Full power/boost from idle RPMs upwards! Stand on the gas and GO! The nitrous initially provides the go, but this makes a lot of exhaust gas that spins the turbo up fast! Sudden boost too!

2) Because if used as a "turbo lag remover" the nitrous is turned off as soon as boost is achieved via a manifold pressure switch, so the bottle lasts AGES!

3) Because PEAK power can be drastically improved - if used normally (on all the time @ full throttle) rather than just to eliminate the turbo lag.

4) Because the charge cooling effect gives a measure of safety and prevents detonation, meaning higher turbo boost pressures can be used.

5) Because it means a much bigger turbo can be used! The turbo is the limiting factor for higher power outputs since if its small enough to come on boost at say 3000 rpm, it is already restrictive in size at full power... See number 1 again...

6) MORE power than expected is usually obtained on turbocharged vehicles, because it also improves charge density, and boost levels at the same time.

7) Because its easy to fit! Your fuel injected car already has the required 3 port regulator for the fuel, and its a simple matter of tapping into this fuel line and fitting a nitrous/fuel injector AFTER the intercooler and preferably as soon after the throttle body as possible.

For option 1 to work as a boost lag elimination device you need to also fit a simple pressure switch, (a cheap one would be an old oil pressure type switch), that switches the Nitrous off as soon as it sees say 2/3 of your normal boost level. Say 8 to 10 PSI.

In short - Turbo cars and bikes are crying out for Nitrous Oxide! It improves them in all the areas that they are weak. Gives the same effect as simply having a larger engine!

Hmmmmm....... I Like that, Scooby Gettin N.O.S. Real soon tease laugh tease
Posted By: scoop Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 3:16pm
The oldest post in the world and it is very interesting. so scoob is this what u have? using nos all the time to get rid of the lag. what an idea!!!! yay
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 3:39pm
scoobys car was already fast but now its even faster eek x
Posted By: scoop Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 3:56pm
spare me ur technical jargon babble vicky hun. I want u to know wot follows is only a joke

[Linked Image]

Check out her facial features, her cuteness just got cuter
Posted By: Scooby Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 4:00pm
Nitrous Oxide is far to expensive to use all of the time, but when its activated it does eliminate all Turbo Lag...... happy

1/4 mile in sub 12 seconds happy

Just need more nitrous now....
Posted By: scoop Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 4:29pm
Sweet as hell, check ma bad 14 seconds to sixty and a good 19.4 quarter lol
Posted By: Steve285 Re: Nitrous Oxide & Turbo's (Wicked) - 14th Dec 2004 5:53pm
An i thought my non nos wrx was quick at 5.6 sec to 60 i betta get savin happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral