Forums
Posted By: Anonymous those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 28th Aug 2004 6:54pm
I'm sure you have all seen those +20bhp mod chips on ebay... well i was wondering if anyone has one or knows about them... i have heard they are bad news!!!
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 28th Aug 2004 7:28pm
Ive heard they just a resistor. just a big swindle.......wanna buy some off me? laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 28th Aug 2004 7:45pm
yeh i heard they are resistors, but being a dumbass i have know clue what that is...
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 29th Aug 2004 12:42am
they basicly kill ur car coz its tellin the air flow meter there aint enough air or somthin like that goin in so to compincate it puts more fuel in an will kill ur car in the long run
Posted By: DavidB Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 31st Aug 2004 10:57pm
They wouldn't give you 20 bhp, they wouldn't even give you 5 bhp! The resistor brings down the current given off from the the air flow meter to the ECU which controls the fuelling etc., and it opens it up to bring more air through the inlet.

Are they chips or is it a by-pass plug?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 2nd Sep 2004 6:34pm
god knows... dont worry i wernt thinking about getting one, just seeing what people knew bout em..
Posted By: Scooby Re: those +20bhp mod chips on ebay - 3rd Sep 2004 2:12am
In a nutshell this so called "Chip" tricks the E.C.U. into thinking the engine is cold even when its hot, therefore it allows the engine more fuel constantly even when hot.....

For you Dumbass's out there your car senses when it is cold and the E.C.U. pumps a bit more fuel in to allow for the cold running conditions to prevent any hesitations and stalling when cold, the "Chip" tricks the E.C.U. into thinking its cold all of the time therefore more fuel....

Its a Scam, I have fitted many even warning the customers it wont work and they dont make no differance but they have all been removed as in the long term they cause running problems.....

Be Warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral