Forums
Posted By: rossi-foci Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 3:33pm
ello again folks, jus a quick question,

i want to relocate my fOCUS badge.

1) whats best to get it off? ive heard boiling water or a hair dryer

2) What should i use to re-stick it? will it be sticky enough when i remove it or will i have to use double sided tape or summat? i jus want somethin that wont peel the paint off if i wanna move the badge again!

cheers peeps happy
Posted By: Dazza Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 3:35pm
Hairdryer is best to get it off

To put them back on use silicon matey
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 4:07pm
sweet! cheers dude smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 4:18pm
Make sure you dont snap it
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 4:38pm
aye good point! will try and be as careful as i can, might not matter too much if it snaps, i sorta wanna rebadge it in a diff way! i'll put a piccy up when i do it (if i do it properly!)
Posted By: Dazza Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 5:50pm
Spacing the letter across the rear of the hatch, Saxo stylee? Thats my guess!
Posted By: Meesh Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 5:55pm
Hairdryer is a good makeshift tool, but I prefered using me mates heat gun, much quicker and a hell of a lot easier....mainly cos it was hotter lol
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Re-Badging - 31st Jan 2005 11:14pm
dazza you nailed it lol. possibly across the bottom of the bumper. its jus sumthin that might look alright...might not! if it doesnt i'll jus take it off and cant lose out! if it looks alrite its a bit unique!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Re-Badging - 9th Feb 2005 10:25pm
Get a piece of thread (cotton stuff used on a sewing machine) and use that on the backing, doing a sort of 'sawing' motion.

I took the rub strips off my black astra on the side. They had been on for ten years and took me about two weeks to get the sticky stuff off, it had gone hard! It was designed by Hitler, I tell you.

They sell backing pieces in Halfords, the proper stuff.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral