Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 10:05am
seen this an looks relitivly easy to do, cut out shape wanted, smooth off rough edges, re-spray bonnet, then put in some mesh, simple and effective

[Linked Image]

what you's think of this one?

any other idea's for nice bonnet vents without spending a huge amount of money?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 10:42am
i gotta say i aint too keen on the vents. just im a fan on more subtal bonnet vents
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 10:51am
i dont fancy something massive like an impreza or a evo vent or something like that, just something that will vent hot air from the engine bay, and costs next to nothing to do lol
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 10:51am
I wouldn't chance doing this yourself as could work out costly if u mess up. Not bad looking tho.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 11:05am
probly would be best to go to a professional broomy, but if i got everything done by professionals then it wouldn't feel as if i've had any input on it.

i'd rather be able to say i've done a few things to my car myself rather than payed someone else to do it all for me.

there is some things i'd leave to professionals though, such as the re-spraying of the bonnet when the vent had been cut smile

just seen these vents in the DB9 in the topic about it, i like the look of these vents, subtle and functionable smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 11:15am
Not a bad touch.

Do it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 11:31am
which one, FRST or DB9 vents? eek
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 11:33am
The first one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 11:49am
DB9!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 12:17pm
DB9 vents adam, surley... it would look nice and original... i get wot u mean about doin the work ya self!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 12:30pm
i like the DB9 ones, but i like the FRST one to! i'd have the mesh closer to the bonnet though if i decided on the FRST vents.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 12:34pm
yeh theyd look nice a bit further up the bonnet... still tho how cool wud it b having 'DB9' vents laugh
Posted By: AL Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 1:28pm
I think the DB9 vents would look pretty sweet closer to the grille
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 5:13pm
Why don't you take that first idea and put small scoops in. I'm not a fan of ott bonnet vents, and I think mesh is a bit past it now. If you could get those holes and put a concave mould in, I reackon that would look nice and different.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 5:30pm
cheers for the interesting feedback smile

i dont like ott vents(for my car anyway) i thought these ones were rather subtle ones in all honesty, small and mesh'd to try and keep a smoothish bonnet without loads of dips and raises into vents etc.

would put scoops in but im looking to vent the hot air out rather than pull cold air into the engine bay, as the zetec's tend to get quite hot, especially when in traffic.

hope that makes sense cool
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 5:44pm
Not to sound too biased, but Astra GTE bonnet vents look nice, really subtle. I was going to put these on my black car, but never got round to it.
I think they've got a GTE in Neptune at the back.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 13th Oct 2004 5:51pm
haha wondered how long before you'd try an slip those in tease just kiddin smile

was trying to not put a vent in, but instead put a hole in and mesh it, even if it was just the drivers side FRST style vent, just to be a bit different, i think just cutting a hole and meshing it wont be as "in your face" as a vent personally, but thats just my thoughts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bonnet Vents - 19th Oct 2004 11:21pm
i allso like tha db9 but i all was say it ur car
© Wirral-Wikiwirral