Forums
Posted By: DavidB Dash transfer - 12th Oct 2004 8:25pm
The air was blue when my dad saw me doing this ("What the **** have you done!!")

[Linked Image]

It took a day to get the black dash from a donor car in the scrappy. The car was a on top of another car so was doing a spiderman in the engine bay and in the car. Didn't help it was pissing down. It only took an hour to take the grey one out and replace it with the black one.
I also stuck an Astra GTE digital dash in there as well.

[Linked Image]

If anyone needs any help doing the dash transfer and the digital dash switch-over, give me a shout. It's easier than it looks. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dash transfer - 12th Oct 2004 8:34pm
i take it you know a thing or two about wiring then? eek

would you happen to know much about fiesta dash swaps? laugh
Posted By: AL Re: Dash transfer - 12th Oct 2004 8:49pm
A bit complicated understatement of the year I was just about able too wire up a light fitment the other day! lol Know who to come to now if I need help with wiring!
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Dash transfer - 13th Oct 2004 10:57am
wow looking good, u must have a good knowledge
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Dash transfer - 13th Oct 2004 6:47pm
Which scrappy was it? Did the car still have the glovebox? Some pleb (me) broke a hinge on my glovebox, but I can't find a black replacement anywhere! doh
Posted By: DavidB Re: Dash transfer - 14th Oct 2004 1:01pm
It was a couple of months ago in Neptune, I went back and it was gone. But there is a black Astra interior in a place called Roadrunner in Chester/Saltney, they only do scrap vauxhall, and have about 300 cars in there. There's a grey astra with a complete black interior and a black glovebox!

It's on river lane, saltney, just outside the city centre.
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Dash transfer - 15th Oct 2004 10:36am
look a bit of a scary job really. think im just gonna cover the top half of me dash in carpet.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral