Forums
Posted By: lawton number plates - 30th May 2006 4:59pm
iam after the old style number plate like gadget had on his, the black backround with silver writing, i need one for sat, is the anywhere round here that does them?
Posted By: Lund Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 5:00pm
If so expect more encounters with Welsh Police as it's illegal on your year of car

no It's illegal...

pc Tom
Posted By: MattLFC Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 5:58pm
Its legal to buy them for show purposes though, surely?

smile
Posted By: scoop Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 6:25pm
ITs legal to buy them,its just not legal to use them on the public road.Personally i think plates shud be plates,if u really wanna change em to "look good" why dont u just have personal show plates made in black that say something on em??

No point in driving round "looking the shit" but gettin pulled every night
Posted By: MattLFC Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 6:37pm
Lol, I never understand how so many people get away with driving without standard plats on anyway. I see loads of people with non-standard plates and they never seem to take them off, so I assume they never have run-ins with the plod regarding it.

AFAIK, the only plates that are legal for modern cars to use on public roads are the usual ones you see on cars with normal writing and the slightly 3D'ish ones, which are still standard writing.

smile
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 10:18pm
i am hoping to pick up some nice show plates from the nationals for quite cheap. i was looking on ebay last night and the ones i would like would cost me around £35 so hopefully i can pick some up for cheaper at the weekend. i havr got a set of cruisewirral show plates to put on my car in the mean time but i would like to get some playboy ones to match the jeep.
Posted By: lawton Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 10:29pm
iam only using it for shows, hence why i want one before this sat
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 10:36pm
have you looked on ebay mate? i cant really think where else you would get some.
Posted By: Scooby Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 11:00pm
Try www.gbdriver.co.uk as they do show plates happy
Posted By: Pomp Re: number plates - 30th May 2006 11:53pm
Jst been searchin through reg-plate websites n along came CameraShy Plates. Has ne1 got one of those CameraShy plates n do dey work?

jst wonderin as it wud b gd to get rid of those paparazi's raftl joking, wel jst incase i accidently run ova a red light or summit like dat laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 12:04am
Camerashy plates are more illegal then show plates being used on public roads as far as im aware, if the plod catch ya with them your fooked!

Simple solution is just dont attract attention to yourself from camera's (unless dey happen to be Max Power lol).

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 12:20am
Lol hehe i fink i'll leave erm out n stick wiv the originals then. Was a good thought tho!
Posted By: Wheels Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 1:04am
Originally posted by lawton:
iam after the old style number plate like gadget had on his, the black backround with silver writing, i need one for sat, is the anywhere round here that does them?
I think his were Graphics stuck on over the standard plates. Black background with silver letters.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 1:48am
www.theplateman.com
Posted By: Lund Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 11:52am
I got some done for the Landy, it's legal for that vehicle.

Its pre,1972 (I think) and it's only just tax exempt by a few months!

The black plates are not legal on my Mini and thats about 28 now.

I will find out where we got them done as they are good:

*They do them at shows all the time...*

[Linked Image]

One website that would help

http://www.fancyplates.com/

Black/silver pressed number plates are pre '72.

If you get caught with them on the vehicle on public roads you could get a £250 fine...

But however I think you can use them in France or somewhere lol as they havent a clue!

One point, about the Black is that it peels on the Ali plates! :rolleyes:

Errr ye...thats it happy

Tom happy
Posted By: scoop Re: number plates - 31st May 2006 5:21pm
Originally posted by whelan:
Originally posted by lawton:
[b] iam after the old style number plate like gadget had on his, the black backround with silver writing, i need one for sat, is the anywhere round here that does them?
I think his were Graphics stuck on over the standard plates. Black background with silver letters. [/b]
Why not just do that??turn ut plates round and have signbay cover em in black vynl wit silver vynl lettering?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral