Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 12th Nov 2004 3:51pm
carbon wheels
I'd love these wheels - cant afford them but I can wish. What does every1 think?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 12th Nov 2004 4:05pm
They would look good on a certain type of car, dont know if it would look good on yours, it is gonna be one of them hit or miss kinda things.
sweet man love carbon stuff man. u thinkin bout gettin them?? reckon they would go with ur bonnet
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 12th Nov 2004 5:13pm
Id love sum matey but cant afford them at the mo, lookin at £1600 with tyres for 18's! Maybe when my jobs sorted ill have a look!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 12th Nov 2004 8:06pm
There v sweet!
Posted By: sally Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 13th Nov 2004 12:30am
Hi, :go:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 14th Nov 2004 12:04am
Absolutely gorgeous rims, and if you have a carbon bonnet it will look top. Anyone notice those inductuion kits on that site, they were quality!!
Posted By: PAZ Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 14th Nov 2004 1:43pm
Not a fan of black or carbon fibre rims, just boring old me i suppose...

But really depends on what car they go on???
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 14th Nov 2004 7:28pm
I think they look really nice. Something u don't see a lot and you'd be the 1st person in cw with em.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 14th Nov 2004 8:54pm
I think they are Soooooo sweet - If i bought em id use the ones i have now as 'winter wheels'
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 12:05am
thats a great idea dazza, thats what i would do. wouldnt wanna damage some sexy rims like that in the winter.ive never saw any carbon fibre wheels before. they are gorgeous.
Posted By: Crevis Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 12:58am
them rims are realy smart
i love carbon fiber it looks ace
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 11:55am
The dogs, mate schweet
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 3:08pm
look gorgeous eek

how many pot holes would it take before the carbonfibre cracked though? i've seen carbonfibre used for mountiain bike wheels and apparently they aint all that strong. obviously there'll be a lot more thought put into these, but it makes you think tease
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 4:46pm
I think there alloy inside coated with carbon fibre!! If i win the lotto this week ill buy some and we can road test them! lol
Posted By: Dazza Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 15th Nov 2004 9:55pm
I contacted the company b'cos they make CarbonFibre Inductionkits that are cooled by DRY ICE - Its called the DIIK (Dry Ice Induction Kit) and they are ment to be the dogs gonads! Funnily enough they havent replied as to weather they make one for the s'cort!
Posted By: scoop Re: Carbon Fibre Wheels - Good or Bad idea?? - 21st Nov 2004 1:03am
CARBON FIBRE.A weave of ultra light ,ultra stong material that is very good when it comes to stress loading(wont bend or flex easily) but aweful at shock loading(hit it with a hammer and the side u dont hit will be demolished as the shock ripples through the weave and increases to create "an exit wound if you will."if theyre were ever full fibre rims they wud have to be thick otherwise major potholes with lo-pros on wud destroy em.Got taught all about materials like that on my training course to be the aircraft techie i am today.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral