Forums
Posted By: djrenegade Rover Metro - 12th Jan 2005 11:33pm
Just got metro as my first car, dont know were to start when it comes to moddin it up, and I have been lookin everywere for exterior stuff, cant find a thing.

Can anyone help??
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 12:55am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:01am
wat shape aswell m8???????theyve got 684 rally kits somewhere i=f its thew old old shape!!!!
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:02am
or is it the wicked r100 or watever its called????
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:04am
thanks mate, any ideas on front bumpers too?? lol
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:06am
its the old 1991 shape, its a metro 1.1c think its that 100 lol
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 12:59pm
IS IT 4 DOOR!!!!or 2????? think
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:30pm
[Linked Image]
heres the kids that livesby me!!!ill ask him wat splitters hes got and that!!!!it is a well nice 1!!!its the 1.4 r100 aswell so really shifts!!!! wink
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:35pm
hers the web address aswell so u can have a look its a site 4 metros so u should find summat on there u like 4 urs and get some ideas!!! happy
http://www.metropower.co.uk/portal/default.asp?id=73&mnu=73
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 1:38pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 3:23pm
Talk to tony 220 he loves the little beasts
Posted By: Dazza Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 6:07pm
Theres a lad i know from years ago that started with a 1.1 Metro in that green colour they do - he still has the car but its got a 1.8MGF engine in it - TonyMk2 has his email address if u want it, just mention Dazza from Halfords told ya bout him smile
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 6:18pm
cousins m8 did that 2 his and frightened the life out of him!!!!lol
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 13th Jan 2005 11:22pm
thanks for all ya help, found something to get me started lol
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 14th Jan 2005 9:23pm
dj renegade put ur modding pics in here so we all know wat ur gonna do!!!and u could start a topic in members modded motors with some pics of ur car now then put more as u build up ure car!!! happy
happy [Linked Image]
14" but that would look big on a metro wouldnt it???
And the exhaust:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
side skirts
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 14th Jan 2005 9:35pm
nice one thanks, wont do the members moddin bit until i got smething on the car and i wil post pics of the bits on the car step by step, im still dazzled on stuff, god i gotta read up on moddin and stuff lol
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 2:07am
just found motor world are doing ignition wire which would go on a metro and apparently also increases acceleration, boosts BHP, improves throttle response and offers more MPG.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 2:58am
Those leads are 80 quid for my car, dont know how much for urs but 80 quid for a couple of years with very very very slight improvement is a lot of cash
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 3:00am
its £55 for mine, so is that a dont go there? did u feel any difference when you put yours in??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 3:19am
Originally posted by dj_russell_plays_trance:
hers the web address aswell so u can have a look its a site 4 metros so u should find summat on there u like 4 urs and get some ideas!!! happy
http://www.metropower.co.uk/portal/default.asp?id=73&mnu=73
[Linked Image]
Im loving that car!
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 3:23am
so am i but cant find the kit for sale anywere and cant contact the fella to ask him frown lol
Posted By: Meesh Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 1:56pm
Personally I'd say subtle mods would be best suited for the Metro's

Smaller cars suit smaller, less in ya face mods

I'd say go Euro on it, possibly wide arches but get everything smoothed so theres no lines

Originally posted by dj_russell_plays_trance:

[Linked Image]
That front bumper just looks wrong to me
Posted By: Dazza Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 2:17pm
Yeah i wouldnt agree with Scoop on the HT lead's - Iv also been told not to use Aftermarket leads unless there good quality b'cos they could make the performance worse if ideal spark isnt acheived etc Just somethin they say on FEOC, always stick to Ford!
Posted By: scoop Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 3:21pm
I didnt buy those leads mate.Ran away when i heard the asking price.Only change leads on a BIIIIG power car as every little thing helps if your questing after top power. If you just want a bit more noise which is all you every really get from just a indi kit and zorst then do that but if u want a quick metro get a big engine in or a bike engine. As for the front bumper that is the "animal ornamental" front that is available for all cars, just tell them the width you require and they will get the closest one then a bodyshop have to struggle to fit it.I hate it and itll be a lot of hassle. Go euro mate.
Custom kit all the way, something round and smooth
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 4:06pm
think i might give the leads a miss then but ill look in to "goin euro" wink
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 5:11pm
id make it an in ur face metro as u dont c many done up like my car there nt many nice 1s knockin round!!!so let people no they still r lol but dont put the splitter on the back that looked daft and spoilt it!!!but the rest was sweet!!
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover Metro - 16th Jan 2005 5:14pm
ive been lookin round and i found a site that does custom animal kits so i've e-mailed them for a quote and details etc...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral