Forums
Posted By: Gary amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 7:29pm
was speaking to john boy earlier on about this aswell.

looking at a car at the moment that was registered end of 2000 and id be the 5th owner of it. the person that has the car now has only had it for 4 months but is selling up due to wanting an M3 (which is fair enough)

its got a full BMW service history and hpi clear with mot etc.

should i be worried at all or as john said it could be peoples circumstances have changed and needed to move on. i mean 6 years and 4 owners so far, isnt a great deal, is it?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 7:34pm
as said maybe they fancied a change? money troubles? the list is endless.
Posted By: scoop Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 7:39pm
Check the car out,make sure all seems well,ask if anythings ever gone wrong,see if they have any reciepts, if this all checks out,or proves inconclusive then dont worry about it. If however theres a list of reciepts as long as ur arm for things repaired and theres something up with the car when u inspect it (from lights on the dash to noisy engine) then i'd walk away. Also,due to the large number of owners it shud sell for less than a similar car with 1 owner from new,not sure why but thats just one of the things when buying a car

More MOT - Sells for more
More tax - Sells for more
Less owners - Sells for more
Less mileage - Sells for more
Posted By: AX_125 Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 8:11pm
if you didn't know about the amount of owners would you buy it?
Posted By: Gary Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 9:07pm
yes id buyy it AX it looks in brilliant nick to be honest.

i will check everyting out as i would anyway, reciepts im guessin could be good and bad?

good - works been done and looked after
bad - work needed doin in the first place
Posted By: Scooby Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 9:47pm
Be sure to HPI Check the car before buying it, 1 in 4 cars have a hidden history. happy
Posted By: Gary Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 9:51pm
cheers jay

i went down to london to buy a bmw but before i went hpi'd it (at a cost of £37) and didnt even buy the bugger! walked away for various reasons so.

anyway im hopefully going to see/buy it before friday depends when i get time off work. so ill drop you a PM with the reg. thanks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 20th Aug 2006 11:33pm
Im not sure what the Gold HPI check is, but if you just want a standard HPI check, then you get one for £3.00 by text from the following:

Text Number - 88600

Then put in the text the following (where CARREG is you put the registration number of the car):

CHECKIT CARREG

I have used this service loads of times for myself and friends and it works a treat. It might not be insured or anything, but it sure beats the £37 they usually cost if you are just going to view the car. Of course, it "may" be worth you getting a full one done if you are actually going to buy the car, but I can't see what the difference would be.

smile
Posted By: Scooby Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 21st Aug 2006 12:57am
Originally posted by MattyC:
Im not sure what the Gold HPI check is, but if you just want a standard HPI check, then you get one for £3.00 by text from the following:

Text Number - 88600

Then put in the text the following (where CARREG is you put the registration number of the car):

CHECKIT CARREG

DONT DO IT..........

I have just used this service to HPI one of my vehicle as a check, it has replied telling me the vehicle is reported as stolen and it belongs to the insurance company when and if the vehicle is recovered..

My Experian Gold HPI check tells me it is fine.

Experian is the worlds largest company whom stores information on vehicles and offeres insurance if there information is incorrect.
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: amount of owners? matter at all? - 21st Aug 2006 2:03am
gary i would go there with the same frame of mind that you would if u were buying a brand new car

as i told u my car is 1 year older then that and i am the 8th owner but my car as full service history neva failed mot, lady owners, and everthing chnaged at the right milege

people get bored of cars these days (chnage em every year)

financial insures (cant afford to run once bought, or pay rise in work so can afford something better like this guy)

at end of day uv gotta look at the overal car an the documents, if its what u want and it looks a minter go with ya gut, dnt go off silly figures like amount of owners
© Wirral-Wikiwirral