Forums
Posted By: AX_125 My track day. - 19th Feb 2006 2:11pm
went to Nottingham for a track day that had been promised to me for a year, unfortunatly it was canceled due to fog but i have reschelduled it for 1st March.

£280 for a drive of a scooby and evo (in pic below) around a tarmac course, a polo and 205 around a gravel course and a toyota corolla around a slalom.

£280 for the whole day.

The scooby is a 2.5 turbo producing around 280BHP and the evo is a rally **** producing around 320 BHP, they took me for a quick drive in the evo, couldn't believe how much torque it had.

brill car.

anyone interested in attending he same day?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: My track day. - 20th Feb 2006 12:37am
Is this one of those red letter days? I'm waiting for someone to buy me one for a birthday lol. I'd be so excited if i were you.
Posted By: GazzA Re: My track day. - 20th Feb 2006 1:16am
aint you got to have certain experience?...

age?
time of driving?
etc etc?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: My track day. - 20th Feb 2006 1:22am
Sometimes they have an age limit (18+, 21+, or 25+) and most of the time you need a full licence. Not heard of anything else though.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: My track day. - 20th Feb 2006 9:52am
there was a 17 year old lad there, he was laughing at a police womans attempt on the slalom when she went the wrong way round. But it was even funnier when he took out a pile of tyres.

I got it from trackdays.co.uk
Posted By: AX_125 Re: My track day. - 3rd Apr 2006 9:22am
Finally had my rally day this weekend, i can recommend it to anyone, it was a fantastic day out and an eye opener into the abilities (and sometimes dis-abilities) of cars.

The evo was fantastic, it drove like it was on rails and i was taking 90 degree turns at around 60mph. It done 60 in about 3.5 - 4 seconds and i got a max speed of about 150mph before braking down to about 30mph for a hair pin bend. With absolutly no turbo lag, the torque was brill at anyspeed in any gear, it was an experience driving a left hand drive car.

The Scooby was ok, was slightly disappointing compared to the evo, the handling wasn't as responsive as i was expecting, it didn't seem as sharp as my car and although it had brand new tyres the weight distribution was causing it to roll quite bad and lose alot of grip, luckily the 4 wheel drive had alot of traction.

The Pug 205 GTI was fantastic fun, especially on the gravel. the soft suspension setup and the shortwheel base proved to be a very predictable drive which was very responsive when in a slide. The funny part was when i had finished on the gravel, coming back on to the tarmac when the scooby and evo where driving all day, i pulled out behind a slow scooby driver who i was sticking to in a 100BHP car lol

The left hand drive Polo was also used on the gravel but the setup was a stiffer suspension in a lighter car. the handling was less predictable, causing the car to slide at the begining of corners rather than half way through. I spun this car twice on the muddy slalom.

In the corolla i was doing better handbrakes than the instructer lol

I set the best times of the day in the VW polo and the Evo. He said i was the only driver that day who grasped the braking into corners (rather than coasting) and i was taking a natural racing line.

See below for pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: evo ad Re: My track day. - 3rd Apr 2006 1:51pm
Looks good fun that mate
Posted By: scoop Re: My track day. - 3rd Apr 2006 6:15pm
looks ace,i'd love one. Went to one with a mate,she got to drive a sierra round knockhills gravel stage for half a day,and i got a jolly in the passenger seat of a Grp N Esccos rally reccy car,now that was one vicious car,Anti-Lag is lovely,banged on every single gearchange!!,aswell as shaking the teeth out of my skull
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: My track day. - 3rd Apr 2006 11:53pm
Sooooooooo jealous!
Posted By: Mark Re: My track day. - 5th Apr 2006 5:46pm
I can see the last picture on your TV

Looks like a great day, and an experience to remember too.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: My track day. - 6th Apr 2006 8:54am
Aye, i paid £15 for that.
Posted By: scoop Re: My track day. - 6th Apr 2006 5:56pm
Originally posted by WebMaster:
I can see the last picture on your TV
What??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral