Forums
Posted By: txt3rob veg oil kit - 19th Mar 2006 4:21pm
http://www.dieselveg.com/veg_oil_kit.htm

looks of intrest
Posted By: Surfergirl89 Re: veg oil kit - 19th Mar 2006 6:49pm
Jimbo here,

What a load of shit! Why pay £400 to run your diesel on veg oil when it can run on it perfectly fine anyway! What a con!

Just remind people it's illegal to use anything other than diesel in a diesel car on the roads as anything else isn't taxed. You run the risk of having your car confiscated and maybe even more (fines etc).

Rant over tease
Posted By: Surfergirl89 Re: veg oil kit - 19th Mar 2006 6:51pm
Apologies for my moody boyfriend smack
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: veg oil kit - 19th Mar 2006 10:04pm
He's right though!
Posted By: txt3rob Re: veg oil kit - 20th Mar 2006 2:00am
technically veg oil is tax'd VAT.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: veg oil kit - 20th Mar 2006 8:21am
Smartarse
Posted By: scoop Re: veg oil kit - 20th Mar 2006 6:51pm
i was gonna say wot bopper said.

And yeah,diesels do run on veg oil fine,they also run on jet fuel fine too,however that is also illegal.And whats this RED diesel stuff,we have it on camp but its only for vehicles that DO NOT leave the land,so it cant be used on public roads
Posted By: Scooby Re: veg oil kit - 20th Mar 2006 8:03pm
Red diesel is exactly the same as normal diesel but there has been a red dye added, why you ask ??

The is no duty paid on red diesel to he goverment so its approx 17p per litre, only approved bodies can use red diesel such as the armed forces, farmers etc etc.....

If your cought with it in your vehicle expect a very very heavy fine £5,000 - £10,000 raftl
Posted By: scoop Re: veg oil kit - 21st Mar 2006 7:36pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
Red diesel is exactly the same as normal diesel but there has been a red dye added, why you ask ??
Originally posted by Me:
And whats this RED diesel stuff,we have it on camp but its only for vehicles that DO NOT leave the RAF land,so it cant be used on public roads
Posted By: Anonymous Re: veg oil kit - 2nd Apr 2006 11:50pm
You can apply for to the goverment to pay duty on cooking oil, it does work out very expensive for cooking oil but it is still alot cheaper than normal diesil.
All that needs to be done to use it is filter it to get all the bits of fish and chips out of it and add two tablespoons (per tank) of white spirit.
Scooby was right though, it do smell like the local chippy when you are driving round.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: veg oil kit - 2nd Apr 2006 11:59pm
Neat cooking oil costs i think ~65p per litre, and doesn't need spirits or filter. Doesn't smell as much like a chippy either but if you were gonna apply to pay duty on it it'd probably be cheaper in the long run to do as paul said.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: veg oil kit - 3rd Apr 2006 3:18pm
Im the summer you should be OK to run it directly on Veg oil (As long as you declair it and pay the duty), but in the winter, and colder weather the viscosity of veg oil increases with the temperature drop, and it either needs warming or an additive to thin it out a little (You can use 25% diesel and 75% oil).

Theres a guy I work with who declairs and runs it, recons it saves him 15p per liter smile
Posted By: scoop Re: veg oil kit - 3rd Apr 2006 5:52pm
Not hugely related but moderately,i hear people use jet fuel in their cars in the RAF and the only difference between AVTUR and diesel is the lubricant in diesel,this is solved by dropping a tiny bit of jet oil into the tank aswell and then u have ,what is essentialy, diesel. Not that civvies could get hold of AVTUR tho
© Wirral-Wikiwirral