Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Parking In Birkenhead?? - 20th May 2006 4:07pm
Anyone know of parking spots in Birkenhead town centre where the lowest of the low ... d*ckheads (aka parking attendants) won't slap a £30 fine on your car after 27 seconds of leaving it?

Parking attendants do my f***ing head in, from now on, theyre getting abuse from me....the b*stards!
Posted By: scoop Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 20th May 2006 4:18pm
ive occasionally park my car by ethel austins on the loading are while i was in motor world,for 3 minutes,no ticket. Most of the time i park in my nans drive tho,she lives opposite the kwiky near china town
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 20th May 2006 5:21pm
Im not being funny or anything, but if you park somweher were you are not allowed to and/or you dont display your time of arrival or appropriate badge/disc, then what reason have you to complain about a parking attendant?

They are only doing this job, just like police are when they arrest someone for the theft of a motor vehicle or pull someone for not indicating etc...

I have had two parking tickets in the last year or so, and both have been entirely my fault due to carelessness (parking and forgetting to display my time of arrival disc in a disced area). I have no greievences with it or the parking attendant that issued the fine as both places were clearly marked and had signposts warning me of it (and I am even more stupid because I park in the same area on a regular basis lol).

Look at it this way, whilst you may have a got £30.00 fine for commiting a crime (which you must have to get the ticket), at least you did not get points for it, which you may well have done had it been a police officer. And you were longer then 27 seconds because you have at least 3 minutes to get back to your car and drive away no matter what.

In my experience, I have always found parking attendants to be quite fair and reasonable. I have been caught parked on the double yellows by Kwik Save and in the Wilko's car park waiting for someone without a parking ticket and both times, I have been politely advised by the parking attendant that i should move as they don't want to have to issue a ticket.

If you do wrong, you must be willing to face the consequences if you are caught doing so.

smile
Posted By: Dazza Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 20th May 2006 6:56pm
Near where the loading bays are that scoop mentiond, further down by Yates's theres a few spaces that arent loading bays.

Or

Around the college enterence (Need parking disc for both places)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 20th May 2006 6:58pm
Just a note, you dont actually need a disc for timed parking places, if you dont have one, you can write down the time of arrival and this is a legal substituete for a disc. I have done it many times before I got a disc smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 21st May 2006 3:47pm
Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a bit by saying 27 seconds, but 9 minutes after leaving my car in a disc zone????

I was parked in the road sorta opposite the kwickie where I normally park, and have done for months which is one of the reasons I was so p*ssed about it.

I've paid it anyway, but I've emailed them an enquiry as to why I received it.

Originally posted by Dazza:
Near where the loading bays are that scoop mentiond, further down by Yates's theres a few spaces that arent loading bays.
Oh yeah, I forgot about there. Might try there, or just pay the damn parking fee.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 22nd May 2006 8:45am
He is such a cheap ass lol he'll never pay them parking fees tease
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 4:34pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
ive occasionally park my car by ethel austins on the loading are while i was in motor world,for 3 minutes,no ticket. Most of the time i park in my nans drive tho,she lives opposite the kwiky near china town
were is ethel austins in town, and were is china town? there is no chinese places by kwiky???
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 4:37pm
Originally posted by MattyC:
Im not being funny or anything, but if you park somweher were you are not allowed to and/or you dont display your time of arrival or appropriate badge/disc, then what reason have you to complain about a parking attendant?

They are only doing this job, just like police are when they arrest someone for the theft of a motor vehicle or pull someone for not indicating etc...
I have had two parking tickets in the last year or so, and both have been entirely my fault due to carelessness (parking and forgetting to display my time of arrival disc in a disced area). I have no greievences with it or the parking attendant that issued the fine as both places were clearly marked and had signposts warning me of it (and I am even more stupid because I park in the same area on a regular basis lol).

Look at it this way, whilst you may have a got £30.00 fine for commiting a crime (which you must have to get the ticket), at least you did not get points for it, which you may well have done had it been a police officer. And you were longer then 27 seconds because you have at least 3 minutes to get back to your car and drive away no matter what.

In my experience, I have always found parking attendants to be quite fair and reasonable. I have been caught parked on the double yellows by Kwik Save and in the Wilko's car park waiting for someone without a parking ticket and both times, I have been politely advised by the parking attendant that i should move as they don't want to have to issue a ticket.

If you do wrong, you must be willing to face the consequences if you are caught doing so.

smile
am i right to guess your a parking attendant or a relative of yours is lol ha ha raftl
Posted By: scoop Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 6:35pm
Originally posted by djrenegade:
Originally posted by scoop2004:
[b] ive occasionally park my car by ethel austins on the loading are while i was in motor world,for 3 minutes,no ticket. Most of the time i park in my nans drive tho,she lives opposite the kwiky near china town
were is ethel austins in town, and were is china town? there is no chinese places by kwiky??? [/b]
Ethel austins is next to motorwold,which is down the sidestreet at abbey national (opposite boots)(uptown from pyramids entrance)(between pyramids and maccies)

Chinatown is opposite kwik save.I driving down the road from kwikky towards fire station its the very first left,hursts bakery is on the corner,china town is in there,so is my nans road (sisters way)
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 7:00pm
cool, what number is your nanas house, i will park there next time i go to town lol.
Posted By: scoop Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 7:16pm
number 123456789. Its a 3 car drive with a chain across it and it is shared amongst 3 bungalos. More often than not all 3 slots are taken up by my family lol. When its full and im visiting nan gets her neighbour to let me park in her single drive lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 7:58pm
I always park near Wilkinsons. There's a pub across the road, and there are no yellow lines and no charge on the road behind it. You have to go round the back. It's a bit wierd, as there is a pay car park 10 metres away.
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 8:30pm
i ****ing hate parking attendants i got a ticket last week and it got ripped up straight away i anit paying no ****in fine they can kiss my arse!! mad
Posted By: scoop Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 8:33pm
another one eh??? u break the rules u SHALL pay. I occasionally break the rules but the day i get a ticket will be the day i go "oh ****" and pay up,and stop breaking the rules
Posted By: Pomp Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 27th May 2006 11:54pm
I got one last week outside the college, i ad me parkin disc on the right time n came bk n noticed a parkin tiket on da winscreen. sez "36 Parked in a disc parking place for longer than permitted" mad n i came bk on the right time. cheeky, dey even put the ticket ova me disc to cover it. defo payin for da car park now! better payin £2.30 den payin £30
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Parking In Birkenhead?? - 28th May 2006 1:40am
Originally posted by jonny corsa sport:
i ****ing hate parking attendants i got a ticket last week and it got ripped up straight away i anit paying no ****in fine they can kiss my arse!! mad
Honestly mate, if you have a problem with the ticket, appeal against it. Otherwise, if you just don't pay it, then you will end up paying in the reagion of £500+ instead of the £30 initial charge. Ive seen it happen loads of times on the BBC program "Bailifs", once all court costs and bailif charges are added, the fees are extortionate.

Btw Rhys, no I dont have a relative who is a parking attendant, its just 99% of the tickets that are issued are totally legit, and my philosophy is if you do the crime, you pay the fine/do the time. And if people think the tickets are falsely given to them, they can appeal (and a mate of mine recently won an appeal on a ticket that was issued to him).

At the end of the day, the only bad experiences I have personally had with parking attendents is when I have quite rightly been at fault.

Id much rather have a parking attendent give me a £30 fine then have a plod turn up and give me a ticket and possibly even points!!!

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral