Forums
Posted By: Anonymous lowering me corsa - 21st Jun 2005 7:09pm
ive got a gmax 60mm lowering kit on my corsa an wonderd if any 1 knows if i can get any lower with out having 2 get coilovers i wnt 2 create a euro look car with 14 or 15inch deep dish alloys with some wide acrches aby help would be great
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: lowering me corsa - 22nd Jun 2005 5:15pm
80mm lowering springs? apart from coilovers or hydraulics....i cant think of anything else
Posted By: DavidB Re: lowering me corsa - 22nd Jun 2005 8:03pm
60mm looks great on 15 inch alloys with low profile tyres. And then side skirts and bumper skirts.
And anything below 60mm is like going down the road on your ar*se.
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: lowering me corsa - 23rd Jun 2005 12:44am
im on 15s lowered 40mm an im lookin at the 60mm springs without shocks just skared at how low the sills will b lukily my front bumpers euro so its only small,

wud love deep dish bt prices are silly,
Posted By: DavidB Re: lowering me corsa - 23rd Jun 2005 10:38am
If you're going to go 60mm without shocks to match, they won't last long at all, the rod will be sat permanently too low in the cylinder. The gas will escape due to the pressure.

If you can deal with the ride though, corners seem a lot more fun afterwards.
I have 50mm on both of my cars with 15's, and the handling is awesome. The red one has decent dampers, and the difference in ride and handling is very noticable.
Posted By: lawton Re: lowering me corsa - 23rd Jun 2005 6:58pm
yeah, ive got 60mm spring on my corsa and i have got the dampers to go with it as i have heard that without the dampers then you will reck the standard dampers. i have got 16 inch alloys on mine and i have to agree with you stationmiek that the handeling is amazing, especially arounf the welsh roads like i found out last night.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral