Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 12:57pm
Car is still in Japan and Im mailing people left right and center about turbos wink

The car currently has a T25G on it which is probably running up to its max at the moment on the car frown

The Turbo on the Old blue 200 was awsome, but the lag just made the car hard to drive.

I had a T34 (T3/T4) on my old S13 and was quite happy with that, made good power with liveable lag. Fitting a similar turbo to the new car which is a 2.0 not a 1.8 should make more power with less lag laugh

So, Ive found this:

[Linked Image]

T3/T4 with .60 A/R compressor and .63 Exhaust with a .57 trim.

Its internally wastegated, but this would be welded shut in favour of a top mount manifold and another external wastegate wink

Should support 400bhp+ which is plenty when you are still keeping the drivability of the car smile

Just wainting to hear back from the guy about how to fit the exhaust side of the turbo to the downpipe....
---------------------------------------
Admin edit : re-sized and hosted image
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 1:00pm
....and this is the manifold and wastegate it would be matched to:

[Linked Image]
---------------------------------------------
Admin edit : re-sized and hosted image
Posted By: Dazza Re: Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 1:03pm
Your made stu
Looks like a nice item, the blades look good.

That external wasegate was pure sex, glad your keeping it smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 4:34pm
one word...........

NUTS
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 6:00pm
u dnt waste time do ya lol, nice one
Posted By: scoop Re: Already looking at a new turbo.... - 10th Feb 2006 6:37pm
lovely,u gonna screamer pipe this one?and i presume u wont be leaving it without a dump valve as im assuming this is one expensive turbo
© Wirral-Wikiwirral