Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Scratch repairs - 23rd Oct 2020 11:29am
Can anyone recommend somebody to repair a few scuffs and scratches on my car.
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Scratch repairs - 23rd Oct 2020 12:40pm
Iain Sinclair in Brook Street, Birkenhead did a great job for me and he didn’t try to talk the job up to practically a full respray as some others did.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Scratch repairs - 24th Oct 2020 8:23am
Thanks for that, Fidelio. I will give them a try.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Scratch repairs - 24th Oct 2020 6:24pm
Originally Posted by Fidelio
Iain Sinclair in Brook Street, Birkenhead did a great job for me and he didn’t try to talk the job up to practically a full respray as some others did.

If your cars metallic they are not "practically talking you up to a full respray" as you put it!

If you knew anything about spraying you would understand, they were being honest.

hand
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Scratch repairs - 25th Oct 2020 10:05am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Fidelio

If your cars metallic they are not "practically talking you up to a full respray" as you put it!

If you knew anything about spraying you would understand, they were being honest.

hand

Yes,my car is metallic although the paintwork isn’t.
No, I don’t know anything about paint spraying but I do know that I was very happy with the result and therefore felt justified in recommending the chap, I’m sorry if my ignorance of your field of expertise has offended you but I can only speak as I find.
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Scratch repairs - 26th Oct 2020 7:44pm
I always found metallic colours to be easier to match than conventional standard colours, The modern trend though appears to be that car sprayers these days only spray the damaged panel even if the colour is slightly off, whereas they used to paint adjacent panels to blend-in so the colour would match perfectly.

There are often different variants of a colour as not all are standard and the extra effort has to be put in to make sure the job was matching absolutely correctly.

Some paint shops may take this additional panel painting into consideration when quoting for a job as they would know which are bad colour and which are not to match.

Paintboffin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral