Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 12:04pm
was wondering if any1 knows the perfomance figures for one of these???

web page
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 12:26pm
It okay now found it out about 5.5 secs 0-60 depending on engine and around 150mph top end, am well impressed for such an old car and 200bhp
Posted By: Gary Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 12:30pm
id take them figures as optimistic now though considering the age of the car/engine
Posted By: scoop Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 12:30pm
u after one of those rhys? im not a fan of that shape,prefer the next newest model at the very least,then they just get better and better
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 1:20pm
im not to sure now, thought insurance would have been relativley simlar to the jag but its 3000 a year and the chimera is cheaper and newer at 2500 a year.
Posted By: scoop Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 1:39pm
U'd pay 2.5k a year????? ever thought of somethin much cheaper to buy and insure mate,such as a sports car or hi performance saloon, 200SX/old M3 for instance
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 3:08pm
I want something rare, not offten seen, but dont want to pay more than 10000, would prefer to look for something around the 7-8000 mark and then ive got extra money to get a minter if you know what i mean rather than get a 10000 car in poor condition, age of the car isnt to much of a factor as i may get a cheap run around for work and nly insure it for weekend use. Just looking around at the moment untill november when my savings mature.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 3:16pm
Rhys i only have two things to say...

AMG

or

M5
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 3:44pm
to common the amg anyway, and ive had 2 bmw's and if a m5 bmw drove past me i wouldnt notice the difference from the standard 1 if your talking about the E34 all be it their great cars, i want something else.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 3:51pm
how can an AMG merc be common. i have only ever seen 2 in my life.

or you could get an old prancing horse
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 4:10pm
Ive seen loads of dem, They dont look anything from a standard merc like the bmw it just the engine and bit more interior goodies lol, now a prancing hourse is a bit more like it, your talking my style, whats the perfomance out of one of those??/ lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 8:55pm
whats the retail on one of those?
More than u can afford PAL, Ferrari! Voom voom!

Rhys,AMGs are sexual. The clk 55 is a ****ing gorgeous motor,the seats are the best things ive EVER seen,obv u cant affor one of dem but still, the whole AMG brand is good,and people who know cars will turn their heads and appreciate it,is that all u care about?"If one drove past u u wudnt notice the difference?"Does that REALLY matter,just means u can be kinda sleeper,but as i said above,anyone who knows cars will know not to **** with an M5/AMG
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 8:57pm
no 1 said a clk and as i mentioned i was looking around the 10000 mark i assumed he was talking about the old c or e class amg not a 30000 + clk so na na na
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 17th Apr 2006 9:00pm
I though he realisticly was talking about on of these amg
[Linked Image]

and the basic, as you can see hrdley any difference and like i say i wouldnt look at it twice
[img]http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=299099104[/img]

I didnt think he was talking about a clk55 as this one in the pic is $78000 and i obviously havnt got that hence why i though he ment the above ones, but find me one within my 10000 budget scoop and u will be my best mate lol
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 18th Apr 2006 8:28am
Rhys,

My Dad bought one of these before Christmas:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He spent ages looking for one, and you certainly need to spend more than £10k to get a good one. His is an '87 with 130k miles and the essential FPSH and is a minter, and cost quite a bit more than £10k - also, with this kind of car, dont be fooled in to thinking you can run a car like this on a budget as parts and servicing costs aint cheap frown
Posted By: scoop Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 18th Apr 2006 4:52pm
i just gave the CLK as an example mate,to demonstrate how good AMG are.AS we've seen on top gear, u cant get much supercar for 10k. Remember the 10k challenge where they got cheap ass ferraris and stuff,fell apart is what they did.Whats up with the jag??? why not keep the jag and get a "toy" such as that kit car u got rid of lol
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 18th Apr 2006 6:33pm
I want stuys dads, I was looking in the trader and their are some real cheap dogs for about 5000, but i have found some decent example for about 8000 with about 100k on the clock with fsh not all porsche. I think 10k will find me a decent one around an 83-89, i am prepared to throw money at it eg engine work, full respray etc. I aint going to buy a dog and i never have done so you will have to wait till november to find out ha ha ha.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 18th Apr 2006 6:35pm
here a similar example:

web page
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Help : Porsche Performance Figures - 18th Apr 2006 8:18pm
another realy good example at £8000

web page
© Wirral-Wikiwirral