Forums
Posted By: evo ad Need a local garage who can weld in bucket seats - 26th Sep 2006 9:47am
Need a local garage on the Wirral who can weld in bucket seats to my Prelude. There are no subframes available for my model and the universal subframes won't fit as the holes don't line up smack
And not Sprayforce...
POR fabrication could go one better by modifying the universal ones to fit (welding on new bits and drilling new holes etc)

At least i think they can do that
I think POR went under a few months ago confused

Any garage that can do welding work should be able to do them, its just finding somewhere thats willing to spend the time and and make some up for you frown

You could try Neil at Park Garage on the Old Chester road....

He can do it, but hes a mechanic, not a fabricator, so it wont be cheap......
POR are no loger in business.

Not sure who else,
i dont think its a big job is it?
No it's not a big job but as Stuy says it's just finding someone who can find the time to do the job at a good price. Up to now i've been quoted £175 which seems a bit excessive just to make some plates up.
My bro's a pretty good welder, he's away until next week but I can ask him if he's got the time for ya? He'd definately be cheaper than £175!
To be honest I wouldnt weld the bucket straight to the car cause that is an absolute bodge. I would try and adapt the universal frames or remove the seat from your exhisting frame and try to adapt that you will normally find that 1 or 2 of the orriginal holes line up and then using plate welded on to the old frame to allow you somewhere to drill holes for the others. Hope you can understand this lol
or a better idea drive at the back of wirral engineering and go and speak to a fabricator their am sure one of them will do it in their lunch hour for a bit of cash
When we fitted the seats in the zuki we just used the original sub frames from the standard seats and just made adapter plates to fit between the seat and frame. It's worked really well and we still have full adjustment.
Adam chris bmw m3 could do it for you (the lad with the bm on th trackday) the car i took you out in.

Get intouch i will send you his number.

Just about to get another trackday sorted come along matey.
Yes I would come along but i'm still banned from any Javelin trackdays.

I'm doing a track day at Anglesey this Saturday so need the seats (and harnesses) fitting asap to be honest. Can you pm me the number for Chris mate?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral