Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Buy and Sell car? - 16th Oct 2018 7:31pm
A good friend has offered me his car for free to sell and for me to keep the money (he is giving up driving due to age and health and having just had his first minor bump since 1959) The car is driveable but could do with a new wing where he bumped it. MOT due around December but it has passed every year due to low annual mileage. Not sure of cost of new wing being put on (ebay to buy around £100) Any of our motoring "experts" think it might be worth me repairing and selling on

VW Golf Match 2003 Petrol Automatic 38,000 mile in ok condition. New cambelt fitted and service history. Seem to sell ok on ebay
Posted By: Dilly Re: Buy and Sell car? - 16th Oct 2018 7:47pm
With that mileage and it being auto I would put a fresh MOT on it and put it up for around £500 depending on how bad the damage is. Or I will give you £100 as it is smile
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Buy and Sell car? - 17th Oct 2018 9:04am
£101 here :-)
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Buy and Sell car? - 17th Oct 2018 5:02pm
cheers guys. not quite that simple as its not around here. Will be doing it "online" so to speak.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Buy and Sell car? - 31st Oct 2018 11:40am
Avoid Gumtree and Facebook marketplace if you don't want a lot of hassle from "Giv U £100 toite m8 cash ere" who never turn up anyway. I've never sold a car to anyone who has offered without viewing.
If there is wiggle room in the price, always say you only take offers when they are viewing the car in person - never take offers via text.
Although this never deters the mouthbreathing 50p scroungers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral