Forums
Posted By: DavidB Astra VXR - 9th Apr 2005 5:05pm
What do you think of this? I'm getting a bit bored of the mkV, but this should be nice when it finally comes out (two doors are not even out yet):

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

0-60 6 secs
Top speed 150
240 bhp
Supposedly, the fastest FWD production car??
Posted By: Gary Re: Astra VXR - 9th Apr 2005 5:39pm
ive got the astra brochures and i certainly liek them alot, the 3 doors coem out mid april, lookers in wallasety has 1 there tomoro. i want 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Astra VXR - 9th Apr 2005 6:05pm
I like it very much smile
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Astra VXR - 9th Apr 2005 9:35pm
That new astra is sexy. Given the choice, I'd rather have that than the new Golf GTI.

Originally posted by Gary:
ive got the astra brochures and i certainly liek them alot, the 3 doors coem out mid april, lookers in wallasety has 1 there tomoro. i want 1
Excellent communication skills there Gary. Hard to believe you passed A level English tease
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Astra VXR - 9th Apr 2005 10:25pm
Originally posted by lazy_ben:
That new astra is sexy. Given the choice, I'd rather have that than the new Golf GTI.
Me too!
Posted By: spinking Re: Astra VXR - 13th Apr 2005 9:48am
Dont know? Watched the BTCC on sunday though and you could do a far bit to them and the bhp is good enough for a fwd car.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Astra VXR - 14th Apr 2005 2:01pm
The 3door went on sale last weekend!

I cant wait for the VXR, even though I cant afford one, I have my name down for the 3day test drive, even though I not meant to have one coz I'm under 25, but I pulled a few strings.

Its certainly a very nice car, its gonna be a type R beater.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra VXR - 14th Apr 2005 6:02pm
type R ???????????????????????
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra VXR - 14th Apr 2005 7:15pm
is that daz bein blonde, he means the current honda civic type-R. Thats its intended competition, ford need to match it now tho with a fast focus, im talkin 240+BHP. Id like a VXR i think theyre mint but id rather have a cossie any day

Just say well done vauchall, makin some nice cars in the VXR range, Ford need to catch up and make a Focus Cossie and a Racing Ka, A RWD V8 mondie would rock ass too
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Astra VXR - 15th Apr 2005 10:57am
not being blode i mean type r is nothing to the vxr and the new focus RS is only 230 bhp
Posted By: DavidB Re: Astra VXR - 15th Apr 2005 1:52pm
Judging by the specs, my 13 year old car (as well as the 18 year old Astra GTE) could keep up with the Civic Type R. And I paid a fraction of the price. Tell you what, there's a lot of those new TypeR's about on the roads. How much are they?

Those Focus RS are very nice though. I can't remember but I think Ford bought back Cosworth, so I reckon there might be a Focus Cosworth.
Posted By: scoop Re: Astra VXR - 15th Apr 2005 2:01pm
im pretty sure there will be a cossie as cosworth have modded many cars,even mercs. So i dont think it matters that ford dont own cosworth, they may still make a foci anyway.But if ford have bought it then they better get of there batties and make some new cossies
© Wirral-Wikiwirral