Forums
Posted By: Garry_St serena`s back - 27th Jan 2006 9:56pm
thanks to evertone who offerd help with the jobs around my house i havent taken any one up on there offers yet due to funding and the car. sorry i will be doing the jobs once i sort out this cash flow problem its flowing the wrong way.

well got the car back after 3 weeks in the garage and didnt thay charge me for it £500 for a head gasket to be done £350 off that labour
ever time i called there he was working on someone elses car well ive got her but mad
she doesnt tick over right the gargage say its because shes an import bolloks i say i think he couldnt be bothered
my car is now running better that ever and gear changes are smoother fuel is better but the tick over worrys me. i still ow the garage £190 of the job which i will pay its just half a job half the pay
ive spoken to them and all thay say is get it tuned but thats more money from me for a job that should have been done ant ideas.
mad mad mad mad
to add to the pain my front bumper got crack and ive got to poay for that as well.
Posted By: scoop Re: serena`s back - 27th Jan 2006 10:53pm
****in awful mate,whats up with the tickover,glad it "feels" better,that'll prob be down to new oils etc
Posted By: Scooby Re: serena`s back - 27th Jan 2006 11:23pm
Did the Garage crack the bumper ?

The idle problem may be an vaccum leak ? Listen carefully for any hissing noises when the engine is running.

Personally i would ask to speak to the owner and express your concerns about getting the car back with the idle problem. £350 labour dosnt sound that bad too me mate, lets face it, you want paying for working ??

Let us know how you get on.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: serena`s back - 27th Jan 2006 11:32pm
don`t know who done the bumper i had the car recovred from scotland by the rac
and when i went to the garage after it was delived back there it was a cracked bumper. garage say it knows nothing and the rac say its was like that when it was picked up which i know is a lie as i was there when it was put on the flat bed.
too ture about the labour charge but the quote was £350 thay have charge for storage i think.

i will have a look 2morrow to see or hear if there are any leaks thanks
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: serena`s back - 28th Jan 2006 9:50am
If rac are the same as green flag they have to do a written report on the condition of the car before they touch it, ask to see the report from them and then compare it to how you left the car.

glad your up and running again matey
Posted By: Garry_St Re: serena`s back - 28th Jan 2006 7:45pm
iv been out in her all day the problem is still there but not as bad once warm i cant find any leaks or hissing i am going to see the garage owner on monday to see if we cant sort this out.

the rac report a got looks like its been alterd its a carbon copy but the image of the car has pen on it with a big cross thought the roof. there looking into it not going to hold my hopes up to high another fall would kill me.
any way look to the future.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: serena`s back - 5th Feb 2006 4:13pm
serena has been back into the garage for a oil leak she is still up and down on tickover i wonder if she has a vac leak i am going to have another look toady ive installed a single spolier on the rear and going to be working on the twin 12inch bass box later if any one has any more ideas on the tickover please let me know
© Wirral-Wikiwirral