Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Driver Less Vehicles - 26th Aug 2017 5:46pm
In the news a lot this week with various testing going on and even insurance companies testing them crashing.

Gut reaction says no no.. The 3 lorries in a row with one driver just seems to me to be away around having longer vehicles.

I suppose the real question is will it make roads safer or not.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 26th Aug 2017 5:57pm
What I wonder about is how they will cope with junctions, they would need a hell of a gap for all three to get across a junction or roundabout together, or am I missing something?
Posted By: locomotive Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 26th Aug 2017 8:24pm
Didn't we used to call them goods wagons and run them on rails? or am I missing something.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 27th Aug 2017 12:06am
Originally Posted by locomotive
Didn't we used to call them goods wagons and run them on rails? or am I missing something.

Yes, if we want to copy the rest of the world, lets get a basic rail infrastructure running again.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 27th Aug 2017 4:18pm
I agree to getting back to a good rail infrastructure in this country, with freight been the priority to be carried on it. In the 50s lots of cargo boats where of a size especially for transporting goods from the Mediterranean to this country. Called simply medi boats, City line where one who had a fleet of them. Plus with containerization these along with the rail way could be very efficient in transporting most goods.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 27th Aug 2017 4:58pm
I was just watching a video about the Forth Road Bridge repairs and they mentioned the huge increase in HGV's in the 60s that hasn't occurred at any other time. I wonder why that could have been Dr Beeching? The joke is that Beeching thought he was going to increase rail traffic by cutting routes!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Driver Less Vehicles - 27th Aug 2017 5:01pm
IT WILL NEVER WORK

END OF TOPIC
© Wirral-Wikiwirral