Forums
Posted By: madrob Code reader - 16th Jun 2017 8:09am
Anyone have a code reader i can borrow or if someone can a airbag light off thanks
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Code reader - 16th Jun 2017 9:18am
Has the fault been fixed?

Posted By: Excoriator Re: Code reader - 16th Jun 2017 9:55am
You can buy dirt-cheap (around a fiver) devices that link via blue tooth to your phone, tablet or laptop which show you a lot you need to know. for example http://www.lightinthebox.com/hhobd-...interface-adapter-live-data_p808201.html but there are many other similar products. They work well, and you can download free software which interprets the fault codes found by these devices.

Many of the fault codes are industry-wide and are well known, but unfortunately a lot more are model or manufacturer specific and the manufacturers can be very secretive about these.

I've found these devices are much better than the scanners that come with a display, because you can get up-to-date lists of what the codes mean over the internet, and you may end up doing searches to find what a particular code means if it is something the manufacturer is trying to keep secret anyway. The display on a laptop or a tablet is much better than scanners with cables, and mucking about with cables is a pain. I bought one and having used it to solve my problem gave it to someone who I think still has it.
Posted By: madrob Re: Code reader - 16th Jun 2017 10:34am
Ok tar
Posted By: madrob Re: Code reader - 16th Jun 2017 2:18pm
No
© Wirral-Wikiwirral