Forums
Posted By: Rossyboy Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 3:11pm
im just lookin for cars with cheap insurance that i can modify. its an odd choice but what does everyone think of these cars? i think theyd look nice done euro style but i think id look ridiculous drivin 1 coz im just over 6 foot and im a big lad! so, what does every1 think of them?
Posted By: TOMM13 Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 3:20pm
there just boxes mate, yer they will have cheap insurance but you will have no features in the car it will be really basic, small engine ect. also depends on how much you are willing to spend on modding, if its much you might want to consider a slightly more spacious car, more room to play with happy
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 3:22pm
consider a pug 106 1.1 or a saxo 1.1
Posted By: scoop Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 3:24pm
wud the insurance in a tiny car but THAT much lower than a small engines hatch (focus,astra mk3 1.4) etc??? im not one for small cars at all,ka's are quirky,how bout one of them,at least its not boxy,or chav
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 4:53pm
im just lookin for an alternative to my civic really, tryin to get ideas of what to look for. saxos and 106s are high insurance coz loads of boy racers drive and crash them.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 5:06pm
i want a car thats cheaper to modify too. jap parts are really expensive, im just a poor scrounging student!
Posted By: civic boy Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 6:50pm
how bout the ej civic 1.3 16v there quite nippy and there low on insurance, or how but a vw lupo there a nice car
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 7:55pm
mini 998. small, fast considering it weight is only 700kg and think its only around group 2-3 insurance. parts can be cheap if you shop around.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Fiat Seicento - 28th Feb 2006 8:08pm
Don't get a lupo, get a seat arosa. It's the same car but the insurance is waaaay cheaper than the vw. You can insure an arosa 1.4GT for the same amount as a 1.0 lupo.

Seicento is different and a nice car but insurance is actually more expensive than the likes of corsa 1.0 or a 106 1.1

Mini is a good choice too.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 1:14pm
id love a lupo or arosa but theyr still a bit too pricey for me unless i can get a catD one from a salvage place or somethin.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 1:36pm
JSL Have a Saxo for sale mate, these are group 2 or 3 insurance, cheap as nuts....

JSL Website (Click here.....)

----------------
[Linked Image]
Official Sponsor of Cruisewirral.com
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 1:50pm
ive had a quote for a saxo, actually used the reg from the saxo you've got for sale!, my insurance would be really high with one. saxos can only take 3 stud alloys too cant they?
i appreciate it like but saxo insurance would mean spendin more money believe it or not. cheers anyway happy
Posted By: scoop Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 1:55pm
base model saxos are 3 studs,the VT's and maybe the west coast have 4 stud hubs on,hub swaps are an idea,but IMHO no1 wants to go down the saxo route anyway,they just think saxos are "cheap pocket rockets" not true,whats ur budget on the car,and ur budget on the first years insurance,and ill try and point u in an ok direction,u can probably afford better than what u think
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 2:33pm
i spent about £2k on my civic, that was only in december so i want about that much back again and i can probably afford a few hundred more than that from my wages. im payin £2k a year on insurance now with liverpool victoria so id like somethin a bit cheaper to insure and a bit more economical. (and somethin thats cheaper to modify). i need to try and get rid of mine 1st but no ones interested/
Posted By: scoop Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 2:50pm
will u get 2k for the civic? were mods declared etc,if u were payin 2k on a civic before u crashed it (was it ur fault?) then u'd pay over 3k to insure the same car,i think its FIAT panda time for u mate.adn even one fo those is gonna cost 2k probably,try elephant.co.uk input ur details on there and get quotes for
Ford Ka
Fiesta mk4 1.4
Corsa 1.0
Chickenchento thing
Astra mk3 1.4 (car will be cheap as hell and easily modded)
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 2:54pm
i havnt crashed my car, just lookin if there might be any cheaper alternatives. my cars got 17inch wolfrace alloys, jap exhaust, lexus lights, electric everything and full Honda service history, i should get around the £2k mark if anyones interested.
Posted By: scoop Re: Fiat Seicento - 1st Mar 2006 3:08pm
return it back to standard,flog the modded bits on a honda forum,and then u can afford somethin like a 1.6 golf/focus or other med size hatch, (not honda)
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fiat Seicento - 2nd Mar 2006 2:29pm
citroen 2Cv dolly, about a 1970's model, thats a group 1 insurance.

Being logical, get an older car cheaper car, keep it standard for a few years to build your no claims bonus then you can afford something a little bit special.

An early pug 106 1.0 may be 3 stud wheels but so what you can buy 3 stud alloys. the car will be cheap so you have more money to put towards insurance. dont think i have 2k for a car, think i have 1.5k for a car and the extra 500 can go towards insurance should you need it.

What about a citroen ax gt for i little bit of fun, its old so that will drop the insurance as well. only problem is if you have a crash it WILL be written off.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral