Forums
Posted By: Anonymous octane levels - 21st May 2005 1:01pm
is it possible to have a too higher octane level for your petrol..i.e using optimax and also something like hot shot or nos octane boost?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: octane levels - 23rd May 2005 8:57am
you could but im sure justing that much octane will damage the internals in your engine.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: octane levels - 23rd May 2005 9:11am
Have a read of a thread I posted last week - I found somewhere that sells 5 star petrol - 102 octane smile

The higher the octane level the less chance there is of det, meaning you can advance the timing a little for more power smile

Turbo'd cars will benifit a lot more from a higher octane fuel, but go to high, and you will get cold starting problems as your plugs will coke up as it will burn to cool frown

PS That 102 octane stuff is a leaded fuel, and if you have a CAT will be of no use to you. The lead will break the CAT down and its efficiency will suffer frown
Posted By: John WRX Re: octane levels - 24th May 2005 6:54pm
can i run that 102 octane stuff in mine stu ??
Posted By: StuyMac Re: octane levels - 25th May 2005 10:32am
Originally posted by John WRX:
can i run that 102 octane stuff in mine stu ??
As long as you have a decat, or dont mind messing up your cat smile
Posted By: John WRX Re: octane levels - 25th May 2005 11:33am
fully decatted laugh , im off to find me some super rich petrol laugh
Posted By: evo ad Re: octane levels - 28th May 2005 2:48pm
Originally posted by aggy:
is it possible to have a too higher octane level for your petrol..i.e using optimax and also something like hot shot or nos octane boost?
Yes. When I had my Calibra turbo and my Evo, when I used Optimax and 2 tins of octane boost I suffered from a misfire. The Optimax and 1 tin of boost worked very well though laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral