Forums
Posted By: Mark Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 3rd Feb 2017 8:17am
Hi,
Does anyone know of a decent local garage that can look at and fix in the Arrowe Park area?

At this time the car won't start. I'm suspecting the lamba sensor has gone faulty. As this was reset 2 wks ago after it showed up on the display. (£50) later.

This is a friend of mine who's stuck. Clueless with cars and couldn't drive as part of a tow.

Its a vauxhall Meriva 08.

Any numbers or garages to try greatly apreciated.
Her insurance does not cover home start, which is a pain.

Cheers for any help.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 3rd Feb 2017 8:40am
Maybe try a mobile mechanic, there are a few on the internet cover Wirral.
Arrowe Park Motors are decent people but I have no idea if they come out to you.
Posted By: granny Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 3rd Feb 2017 9:34am
Irby Motors. Very helpful if they have time.0151 648 5488
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 3rd Feb 2017 12:39pm
Originally Posted by Mark
At this time the car won't start. I'm suspecting the lamba sensor has gone faulty. As this was reset 2 wks ago after it showed up on the display. (£50) later.

Resetting the engine management light won't fix the problem.
Posted By: Mark Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 4th Feb 2017 7:22pm
Thanks for the numbers, she has called Arrowe Park Motors as this is where she got the car from.

Yeah Gibbo, your right, but she knows nothing about cars and Arrowe Park motors, found no fault after reseting the management.

Which can happen, as the car drove away fine for a week, and then here we are.

Its getting, towed on Monday, and hopefully it's not too painful the cost.

Thanks for the numbers.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 4th Feb 2017 7:39pm
If the fault first manifested itself within 6 months of purchasing the car then it is the garages problem unless they can prove otherwise.
Posted By: Mark Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 5th Feb 2017 7:38am
Thanks DD, the car is over 12 months from the garage.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 6th Feb 2017 11:52am
Originally Posted by Mark
Yeah Gibbo, your right, but she knows nothing about cars and Arrowe Park motors, found no fault after reseting the management.

That can sometimes be the case. You clear the codes (after making a note of them), run the car for 20 minutes, maybe take it for a run to give it chance to reappear. But Sods law dictates the fault won't appear when a mechanic or engineer is present. I work in IT as well as do Peugeot diagnostics and this always happens!

When the fault light eventually comes back on, check that its the same code that was cleared, then check / replace the suspect part.
Posted By: Mark Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 7th Feb 2017 8:00pm
O well they have had her off with the nackard battery routine ....
Weve had it on charge all night and it's still not charged fully ....

£57 for a new battery and £40 to be towed, they seen her coming ....
The car was in there 2 wks ago with a sensor error... mad

Im furious at my friend for not taking my advice to call me with the diagnosis.
I dont believe its the battery at all, as it's been a great starter, and even when we used jump leads the car was turning over as expected.

The car now starts but for how long....

She has the car now and its working, I hope i'm wrong...

Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Wont Start Arrowe Park - 8th Feb 2017 10:29am
How old is the battery? 3-5 years old and it could still start on the first turn of the key but throw up faults because the sensors aren't getting steady voltages.

Around Autumn and winter time I see loads of people with random engine management faults or electrical issues, because the load on the battery is higher,.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral