Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Car Value Sites Parkers Auto Trader - 18th Jan 2017 6:05pm
In the market for another vehicle as mine is now terminal. Looked at a couple with similar mileage
One a 1.8 petrol Land Rover Freelander 2003 62K miles the other a 2lt automatic petrol Honda CRV 2005 70K miles

The land rover is coming in at around £1300 whilst the Honda around £3600

What is it that determines such a big difference on what I would have seen as being 2 similarish cars. Is it that certain makes have bigger problems that devalues them. I know a couple of friends who had freelanders and had big mechanical problems
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Value Sites Parkers Auto Trader - 18th Jan 2017 6:53pm
Land Rover have been living off their name for years.

Buying a Land Rover isn't a boast that you can afford to buy one, its a boast that you can afford to run and maintain one.

I've no idea on the overall reliability/built quality of the Honda.

Get yourself a 2005 Berlingo 1.9D instead - you know they make sense. Do you really need 4WD?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Car Value Sites Parkers Auto Trader - 18th Jan 2017 7:33pm
2005 Berlingo 1.9d Metallic read per chance?

My method of choosing vehicles just threw up the Honda first. Actually may be times I could use a 4wd if they are any good across muddy fields but it wasn't in my search criteria. Looking at a Berlingo Partners Kangoos Car rather than van so can go tip easier.
Hate having to choose another vehicle --like choosing which vehicle don't I mind losing the most money on. Thing is you cant really buy reliability unless it has a warranty
Tend to put mileage before age .. silly things like tailgates, towbars important. Tailgates keep you dry when getting boots and stuff on, towbar for trailer. Long enough to get fishing rods in.Not too nice inside as putting mowers and garden tools in back Not particulary after an automatic but not bothered other than its another expensive thing to fix as is 4wd.
Posted By: Flamm Re: Car Value Sites Parkers Auto Trader - 12th May 2017 5:39am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Land Rover have been living off their name for years.

Buying a Land Rover isn't a boast that you can afford to buy one, its a boast that you can afford to run and maintain one.

Lol, that's true. They are definitely not cheap to run.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral