Forums
Posted By: Mike72 Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:02pm
Hi all, need to scrap my clio as needs a new engine which is more than what the car is worth. It still has 10 months MOT. Where is the best place to get the most cash for it?
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:31pm
Think the scrapys will give you around 60_80
I got more from weighing it in.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:37pm
Buy a used engine and keep the car. £75 on ebay
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:39pm
whats the difference? weighing it in? never heard of it being done that way, thought you just had to scrap it?
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:40pm
Then there is the cost of taking the old one out and putting the new one in. frown it's the 1.4 version so apparently its more difficult than if it was the 1.2 version.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 17th Jan 2017 1:53pm
The scrap yard will pick it up and may use it for parts. Or weigh it in and theyll crush it
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 18th Jan 2017 8:28am
I got an ad from Stoneacre the other day offering a minimum £1500 in part exchange. I notice other dealers doing similar stunts. If the car is drivable, and you want to buy another not necessarily new car, you might trythis route.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Best Price for Scarpping my car - 18th Jan 2017 5:49pm
Am now on the same process. First route ebay whole car as spares/reapir only, or specific spares like seats and things you can easily dismantle without affecting it going to scrap yard, or tyres if good someone got same model and swop whole wheel over. Battery also. ive got a bosch in that still got 2 years warranty.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral