Forums
Posted By: dikky5 opinions on this? - 14th Mar 2005 8:44pm
car

has she potential!!!?!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: opinions on this? - 14th Mar 2005 8:47pm
Are my eyes decieving me?!? eek

Does that first bid say £10?!?
Posted By: dikky5 Re: opinions on this? - 14th Mar 2005 10:06pm
yep. starting bid anyway. needs about £2.5k to make it a track day monster!!!!!!!!!! grrr
Posted By: Gary Re: opinions on this? - 14th Mar 2005 10:20pm
no mate stay away id say, look at the mileage and i do believe they are farly fragile anyway arnt they?
Posted By: dikky5 Re: opinions on this? - 14th Mar 2005 10:33pm
yep but theres only so much that can go wrong wid em. so once uve replaced everytin once u shud b laughin. my theory is buy a tatty 1 1 so

1. i aint gonna get annoyed when i replace somat thats in gud nick
2. i wont get any suprise problems, cos i will be expecting it to fall to bits!!!!!!!

just got an email of this fella sayin 250 secures sale. i hopefully havgot a fella from preston cumin 2 c mine soon so ill c what happens!!!!!!!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 12:15am
I dunno mate, the rust problem looks and sounds quite extensive, and an overheating problem could mean anything. Worst case scenario - you could be looking at 1k just to buy and get her roadworthy.
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 12:37am
I would have a re-think also dikky mate. Something smells fishy.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 12:45am
smack are you mad!!! i would sooner keep the other one then buy that heap no offence like but yours is in better nick than that one dude
Posted By: aceritz Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 1:37am
mmmmmm, how much for you to pick up from london???
Posted By: scoop Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 3:10pm
Dont do it, it looks like its been looked after like a thrown away fag end.That will cost u loads to keep it goin, plus its a heap/shed/****mobile

Dont waste ur money, get a primo one
Posted By: dikky5 Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 4:29pm
already sed why i can keep mine tony. engin coversion cost 2 much. bein speakin to fella whos sellin and its tatty cos it has bin well used. she still goes. rust aint a bad problem as it all can b fixd. this is a prime project i thinx and if i can sell mine on ebay i will b v interested in somat like this. 2.5k i rekon 2 get her 200bhp and sound bodywork!!! not bad 4 less than 3grand i thinks!!!!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 4:35pm
Be carful with the overheating, i believe these things are prone to blow up.

Maybe you would be better spending the £3k on something a little more reliable?

That is just my opinion though.
Posted By: DavidB Re: opinions on this? - 15th Mar 2005 10:25pm
That looks like an absolute nightmare that, I wouldn't touch it with someone else's bargepole.
It's covered in dents, the engine is overheating, which seeing as it's had a few radiators, means it's probably not the radiator, if you know what I mean.
It simply hasn't been looked after, and the fact it has no MOT (why hasn't he MOT'd it? is the underneath covered in rust?) should be a good pointer, and you'd have to get a trailer to tow it all the way from london, and the head will probably blow from that distance if it's overheating.
I can't stress how much you'll regret buying that heap of ****. I know of a fair few nightmare stories regarding R5GTT's. He'll sell it sold as seen, and you'll be stuck with it. wink

Harsh, but true.

edit: I've just read there's rust on the sill. It's knackered, don't buy it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: opinions on this? - 21st Mar 2005 9:00pm
dont like it mate
Posted By: dikky5 Re: opinions on this? - 21st Mar 2005 9:17pm
this 1 went but i reckon i cud m8ke a motor like this a show stoppin motor. harsh words guys but remember.

1. in work i have a bodyshop with sum top quality sprayers and welders all willing to help me 4 v reasonable rates.
2. its a long term project of years not weeks.
3. i wanna go bonkers engine and sommat bit different on the outside whateva i get even if it aint a 5. i do say ye of little faith but im lookin at takin on a major project not a weekends work.

thanx for your opinions and most o these comments as they have just inspired me on to do it gud stylee!

cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral