Forums
Posted By: Habdab Does anyone know a good Diesel diagnostician? - 30th Sep 2016 9:24pm
I have a 2.8 Litre Turbo diesel that's just begun continuously throwing out white smoke that smells of paraffin. It just did a 1000 mile journey last week with no problems until last night when it started up on 3 cylinders then the fourth started. It ran fine but started smoking. I thought a broken injector, anyone have any ideas or know of a good mechanic I can get a diagnosis from?
Sadly its not likely to be an injector, its more likely to be a compression problem. White smelly smoke shows diesel is getting into the cylinder but its not firing.

I can't think of any diesel people I know but I was recently recommended to use Peter Jones (Argyle Street South, Birkenhead) from the boss of another garage. The only other I would think of would be Birkenhead Engine Centre in Brook Street who I have talked with about my diesel.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Does anyone know a good Diesel diagnostician? - 30th Sep 2016 10:11pm
The best man by far I would say is Mike O'sullivan.
0151 653 6060.
I as Dilly said would go straight to Mike O'Sullivan never lets me down.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral