Forums
Posted By: keef666 Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 9:58am
I was trying to put a longer subject title in but it wouldn't allow it, but the question is, When a driver in a van, car or whatever when it comes to turning be it left or right, why do 99% of you waiting untill the last second to indicate?, you know where your going , you know you are going to turn,
Another one is waiting at traffic lights, the lights change to amber then green, you move off and put your indicator on to turn,
you've had minutes ticking by waiting why didn't you put it on before, as far as i am aware this is called "undue care and attention" and can land you with a fine.
Then the police and Council wonder why there's so many accidents on road junctions, maybe it down to can't be bothered drivers or as i like to call them Morons!
Rant over.
Posted By: stanb Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 10:56am
Absolutely agree with you 100%, your sitting waiting to turn right, car up the road turning left, gives you no warning just lets you sit there till they are at the junction , arrrrrrrrrgh .
Posted By: j_demo Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 11:19am
Its great when i'm on my bike and they just cut you up without indicating or only flash the indicator once. Can't count how many times i've escaped injury because of quick reactions and decent hydraulic brakes on my bikes.

I say great, i mean infuriating.
Posted By: casper Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 11:40am
Yes it is infuriating, usually BMW or Mercedes drivers never bother to indicate at all, I would disagree with 99% though, it is also in the interests of any reasonable driver to indicate their intentions in good time, I always give way now and usually get a wave, to many in a hurry on the road today and to much aggression.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 4:44pm
I raised the very same issue on another website once about not indicating at traffic lights then at the last second indicating right etc, etc. I was told I was a bad driver and it was my fault for being in the right hand lane. You just can't win.
My other pet hate is inconsiderate LAZY able bodied people parking in disabled car bays. If you challenge them, all you get is abuse. They always without fail say, " I'm only going to be a minute". During that "minute", a disabled person has arrived, found no empty parking bay then had to go elsewhere or circle the block until the "minute" is up. Usually half an hour. They want my disabled bay, would they want my disability too?
Don't get me started about the bin men lol
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 6:21pm
I am sure some drivers may only indicate when they know its the correct road to turn into..i.e. when they can read the road sign. Not everyone has sat nav telling them.
A favourite of mine is Woodchurch Road over the M53 under the railway bridge and wanting to turn right into Prenton Dell Road. I will often only indicate when I can see there is no traffic coming down and can turn without holding all the traffic up behind me. If there is traffic I will not turn right and continue up to the traffic lights where there is a filter lane.
I am pleased there are so many perfect drivers on our roads
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 22nd Aug 2016 7:06pm
or when they are turning right at the end of a one way they get in
the left lane to do it? no bugger can turn left and you have to wait
for two lanes of traffic before they can go fcukwits,oh and don't get me
started on clowns getting their kids out on the main road side
Posted By: keef666 Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 23rd Aug 2016 3:34am
Thanks guys for replies, i ride a motorbike and have done so for 40 years and still learning ,don't drive a car, but when its pouring down then i wish, but if you are out and about and hear a biker giving a warning blast with his horn, then you know your not indicating in time.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 23rd Aug 2016 3:54am
Originally Posted by joeblogs

started on clowns getting their kids out on the main road side

Rule 239 in the Highway code!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 23rd Aug 2016 9:40am
I've noticed that more people are straying over the white line in the centre of the road when they're going round a bend or roundabout, rather than slow down and stay in their own side.
Posted By: rossie Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 23rd Aug 2016 10:37am
Can be fault of sensitive indicators that cancel themselves at slightest turn of wheel.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 23rd Aug 2016 2:04pm
and the amount of clowns messing with there bloody mobiles,plus had tool the other morning cut me up going in to the bhead tunnel just because he wanted to go through the fast tag lane? not a soul around in any other lane
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 24th Aug 2016 4:53pm
I don't understand why people stop using their indicators. You have to use them before your test so why not after?
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 25th Aug 2016 7:28am
I'd like to say that my pet hate is sitting behind a car in a right hand turn lane only and they have their indicators on for the whole time. You can only turn right so why the indicators??

Also..I drive a BMW ...I love it to death, best car I ever had (and I've had quite a few in 45 years) and I drive the way I always have..very well and I use my indicators. Never had a point on my licence either. And I will go to heaven...:)
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 25th Aug 2016 12:50pm
Curzon Rd, Prenton old codger (I am getting there) trying to reverse off his driveway ,with cars parked either side ,whilst on his mobile phone. He finished his call as he started to drive off down the road. Why he couldn't have taken the call while parked on his driveway...!
Posted By: moretonkiwi Re: Motorist who are lazy when turning! - 28th Aug 2016 12:44am
Can't speak for UK but here in NZ the law says you must indicate at least 3 seconds before making a turn regardless of whether you are in a righthand turn only lane or not.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral