Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Pet hates on the road - 5th Oct 2005 1:33am
What's your pet hate on the roads? Out of all the things that piss me off about other drivers, eg tailgating, missaligned headlights, middle/fast lane hogs etc, other drivers aren't the ones that piss me off the most. Horses are by far my biggest hate. So far this week there have been three times that I've been stuck behind them.

It's always two horses, riding side-by-side blocking a whole lane so no-one can get past. And driving the diesel I can't even keep my foot off the clutch as they're going so slow. The first time it happened this week was on a single track road, so it was actually impossible to ever get past, and instead of pulling in at the passing places to let the queue of cars past they just kept trotting on mad

And you can't show your annoyance for fear of the horse shitting a brick and jumping all over your car! smack

Ok, that's my rant over. Anyone else?
Posted By: Den Re: Pet hates on the road - 5th Oct 2005 1:41am
i hate people that pull out infront of u and go really slow, forcing u to brake and slow down. i don't mind people pulling out aslong as there up to speed when i reach them.
Posted By: Mark Re: Pet hates on the road - 5th Oct 2005 1:44am
Flat caps and grey hair...
(Old codger).

who has forgotten what the highway code is.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Pet hates on the road - 5th Oct 2005 3:41am
People who pull up in the right lane at traffic lights, you then pull up behind them and when the lights change they roll forwards and put there right indercator on, muppets......
Posted By: scoop Re: Pet hates on the road - 5th Oct 2005 6:13am
1.Muppets who drive around with a door OPEN,swinging lol (it was actually a copper who just puled out of upton piggy bank

2.And on the same roundabout. People who turn right yet go in the left lane beside you,where are u gonna go?ur gonnna slam on and wait for him to get thru into the exit road thats what.Muppet

3.Muppets
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 4:48pm
1. Foglights!! When its not foggy, they aren't needed and they DO NOT make you go faster.....no matter how many chavs think it does!

2. People on roundabouts that stay to the left when turning right, I totally agree scoop.

3. People that tap on the brakes in fast lanes on motorways!! GRRRRR and even on the outside lanes of roads!

4. People who are in the right lane at traffic lights, not indicating and then you go behind them and when the lights change they roll forwards and put there right indercator on.....what scooby said!

5. People who get up your arse

6. Chavs revving their engines at lights (And i mean in their 1 ltr corsas/novas/saxos) Arrgghh JUST cos i have a modded car, doesnt mean i want to race!

7. POLICE lol
Posted By: evo ad Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:01pm
1) Sitting in the middle lane on the motorway doing under the speed limit not overtaking any cars.

2) Tailgaiting

3) Not indicating
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:06pm
all of the above, but the one thing that does my head in the most on the roads is women drivers.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:09pm
1. old people
2. Women
3. learner drivers
4. old women learning to drive!

The round about coming out of the rock is a pain in the arse, 3 lanes, people in the middle lane turning right.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:11pm
Originally posted by sanchez:
women drivers.
Tread carefully aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddddyyyyyyyy!!!lol

my pet hates are deffo..

• Cyclists riding side by side
    Horses....and horses riding side by side
    old slow drivers
    People that deliberatley brake to try and make you go up your backside...
    and cocky nova drivers haha
Posted By: Gary Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:19pm
1) as scooby said thats REALLY annoying

2) as vicky said foglights! arrghhh now you WILL be full beamed by me

3) horses that cr*p everywhere in sight and dont clean it up

4)stupid women drivers in celica's that nearly killed young Gary

5) stupid OLD women in picasso's that nearly killed Gary and Benjo and my nana car! "i know ill pull out on a lad goin down a wet newly laid steep hill and see if his abs works!!" good goin stupid arse!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:23pm
All of the above!!

But also, people with slow cars who drive them as if they're actualy fast and get in your way!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:25pm
Originally posted by MisterAdam:
But also, people with slow cars who drive them as if they're actualy fast and get in your way!
Especially that try to race to fast cars in the middle of the road and get overtaken on both side... happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:29pm
LMAO!! I forgot about that! That was hilarious when that happened laugh laugh :cheers: happy
Posted By: bex Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:29pm
right...

who ever said learners... everyone had to start some where! and not all learners are pants at driving!

horses should never ride side by side! that something you are taught when you learn to ride! it pisses me off and i used to ride!

cyclists are allowed to ride side by side as legally they are allowed to take up as much room as a car does!

women drivers? why women drivers? reasons?
Posted By: Gary Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:32pm
bex my reasons for women drivers are there

and im pretty sure that cyclists arent allowed to ride side by side

yeah to be fair im always as sensible and corteous as possible when around learners as i know what its like
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:34pm
says you almost takin a car out in a wicked tailfish manoever when IM in the car ya loonatic!
Posted By: bex Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:41pm
you nearly got killed by a women driver?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 5:45pm
no...by his lunacy...he knows what i mean..
Posted By: Meesh Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 6:20pm
horses...do they paid road tax?? get off the dam road then!

worst was today..horse AND A CARRAGE! gggrrrr!!

and them little OAP mobiles...the electric quad type things, WHY THE HELL ARE TEHY DRIVEN ON ROADS??!!

and cyclists...as Kate & Sammie will verify for me last night when one flew across the road with no lights!

oh, and tractors who dont pull in when they know they're slowin every1 down
Posted By: Gary Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 7:27pm
Aggy chil out man, no1 got injured so it was all good (could of been different if the lights had stayed on red)

and yes bex nearly got killed by 2 women drivers on seperate occasions and they're the only ones that spring to mind
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 7:32pm
school run mums in their big 4x4 s and cant drive or park them
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 7:33pm
1. people who put hazzard lights on when parking amongst other cars that hide one side, so you think they may pull out.

2. No idications on roundabouts

3. Foglights (Front and rear)
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Pet hates on the road - 10th Oct 2005 8:47pm
1) Old people. Some old biddy nearly killed me on sunday. she came towards me round a corner on my side of the road! mad

2) Foglight *******s

3) Speed camera/traffic pigs

4) People who get in the right hand lane at a roundabout and go straight ahead.

5) People who don't indicate piss me off too!

6) Taxi drivers! Fat man in your mondeo, you are not king of the road! mad
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 7:43am
Taxi drivers don't really bother me, they tend to be pretty good drivers imo and they never really slow you down or anything.

It really makes me laugh when I see a 1.0/1.1/1.2 Corsa Nova Saxo 106 or Fiesta with an exhaust the size of a dustbin, and it's so loud you can hear that whoever's behind the wheel is ragging it constantly but they're not actually accelerating at all!
Posted By: bex Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 1:40pm
worst one!

people who dont know how to use a hand break so when your sat at the lights they are nearly blinding you with their break lights!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 1:59pm
lol, yeah, that warps the brake discs too and makes future braking unsafe smack
Posted By: scoop Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 2:50pm
Originally posted by aggy:

• Cyclists riding side by side
    Horses....and horses riding side by side

Those are the ****ing badgers right there. Cyclists, forgot about them. Heres another one. Lorries overtakin eachother on the motorway. Sometimes up to 3 at a time lol.Whats the point,u all have the same top speed u gimps.
Another is people who pull into the fast lane at 65 when ur 40ft behind em doin "naughty speeds" and then once u get down to their speed (STILL 65) they take ages to get passed the car they were passin
Posted By: Gary Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 4:38pm
another women nearly killed me this mornin made Gary swerve his little 106 into the central reservation and mount the kerb on leasowe road! 3 times in 1 week!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 6:38pm
school run mums in their big 4x4 s and cant drive or park them
I totally agree!! I hate that myself. I think younger female drivers are better than middle aged ones....as even I get the "im boss of the road" look from some on the odd occasion.

Originally posted by bex:
worst one!

people who dont know how to use a hand break so when your sat at the lights they are nearly blinding you with their break lights!
Definately !! Me and Adam give them the "v's" lol

Originally posted by Gary:
another women nearly killed me this mornin made Gary swerve his little 106 into the central reservation and mount the kerb on leasowe road! 3 times in 1 week!
Ever thought it might be your driving mate? lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Pet hates on the road - 11th Oct 2005 10:40pm
i agree, gaz its your drivin, its poo
Posted By: Punto_Sean Re: Pet hates on the road - 12th Oct 2005 12:05am
i agree, gaz its your drivin, its poo
raftl ^^ made me laugh!
Posted By: mr_binky Re: Pet hates on the road - 16th Dec 2007 6:28pm
my pet hate is people pulling out of side streets WITHOUT LOOKING whats coming the other way, I had my fto written off because some company car driver in his mondeo didnt bother looking to see what was coming and i realy dont mind but i was in the outside lane on woodchurch road when he broadsided me across two lanes of oncoming traffic!!!!!! that was 2 weeks ago well if they couldnt see and here me coming they can now haha
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Pet hates on the road - 16th Dec 2007 8:30pm
middle lane drivers... no indicators... excessively slow drivers - just as dangerous as ppl speeding
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Pet hates on the road - 16th Dec 2007 10:05pm
people that dont say thanks when you give way, people that dont move out ya way when ya in the fast lane an learner drivers an old people that go about 5mph
Posted By: chiccy Re: Pet hates on the road - 16th Dec 2007 10:56pm
people that dont say thanks when you give way yes that bugs me 2..... and drivers like me,,,, frown im ver nervous lol and often feel bullied on the road
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Pet hates on the road - 16th Dec 2007 11:48pm
Originally Posted by krisGTi
people that dont say thanks when you give way, people that dont move out ya way when ya in the fast lane an learner drivers an old people that go about 5mph

im a learner but i dont drive slow lol... need to curb my speed a bit tbh lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet hates on the road - 17th Dec 2007 7:55am
Arrogant types who consider themselves far too important to acknowledge you giving way to them on a narrow lane (plenty of both where I live !)

Ignorant cretins who drive with their fog lamps on when there is good visiblity/no falling rain.

Never seem to see anyone being "done" for it. Grrrrrr....

Bring back hanging !! rant. rant. rant.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Pet hates on the road - 17th Dec 2007 10:08am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Arrogant types who consider themselves far too important to acknowledge you giving way to them on a narrow lane (plenty of both where I live !)

Ignorant cretins who drive with their fog lamps on when there is good visiblity/no falling rain.

Never seem to see anyone being "done" for it. Grrrrrr....

Bring back hanging !! rant. rant. rant.

lol, im sure webby was sayin his grandad or some one was done for this the other week smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Pet hates on the road - 17th Dec 2007 1:03pm
I have no problem with learners doing lower than the limit speeds, what i do have a problem with is inconsiderate parking on narrow roads, last minuite cutting in at roadworks - you've had notice so f*%£ing indicate!
Most BMW/Merc drivers (joe you may be excluded tease ) no you don't own the road, and no i don't have to let you out of a junction/slow lane.
Posted By: jonah Re: Pet hates on the road - 17th Dec 2007 4:04pm
people who drive the wrong way in car parks with a one way system, forcing u over or out of the way, then they gesture at u like ur in the wrong .... !
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Pet hates on the road - 17th Dec 2007 6:59pm
Haha my dad done that the other day in the carpark in town, the one over Argos, some woman went mad at him raftl

I personally cant stand oldies, flippin' coffin dodgers mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral