Forums
Posted By: DavidB Mazda RX7 - 27th Feb 2005 12:57am
I took the week off work to go looking for new cars, steering away from the shopping hatchback type.

Saw a Chevrolet Camaro, seriously nice looking car, but had a go in one of these:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Two 650cc rotary engines, making roughly 1300!!!!

Anyone know anything about these, or know anyone who's had experience with them?

yum
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mazda RX7 - 27th Feb 2005 2:29pm
I think Sporty Yellow or Aceritz have had a drive aroud in one of these. Ask them. Very sexy car indeed happy
Posted By: evo ad Re: Mazda RX7 - 27th Feb 2005 7:50pm
Ive been in one to know that they're seriously quick, handle well, average 18 mpg and the engine usually needs rebuilding at 60,000 miles.

Nice car though, i'd have one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mazda RX7 - 27th Feb 2005 7:55pm
Do you still have the evo??
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Mazda RX7 - 27th Feb 2005 8:10pm
there twin rotor twin turbo i think. goes slightly quicker than the speed they use oil i think. find a gudden and u have 1 beast of a car! apparantly they r quicker than the rx8s and i have quite a bit o drivin experience in them and they r fab!!! want 2 jockey a 7 soooooo bad!

beware tho pal the rotarys r expensive to fix dont spend less as u will pay 4 it in the end. id stretch urself for a UK spec 1 and get 1 with receipts fo services!

Go 4 1. ther not cheap but they did cost £35k ish brand new compared 2 th rx8 at 22 1/2 ish 4 the 190ps 5spd
Posted By: DavidB Re: Mazda RX7 - 28th Feb 2005 12:23am
Cheers. I checked out a red one but would prefer the black. I know colours not really important, but you may as well.
I've seen one for 4.5 grand K reg, and one for 7 grand, so that was a matter of one having FSH over the other not!
As far as I'm aware, the thing that goes are the rotor prisms, and very expensive to get fixed.

I have got a Vauxhall Tigra shell and planting in a turbo engine and then selling it straight after to get one. smile
Posted By: saz2004 Re: Mazda RX7 - 28th Feb 2005 1:28pm
i'd jump at the chance to have an rx-7
Posted By: evo ad Re: Mazda RX7 - 28th Feb 2005 6:41pm
Originally posted by Evo 7 Babe:
Do you still have the evo??
Nah it went a few months back. Too many problems
Posted By: Dazza Re: Mazda RX7 - 28th Feb 2005 7:09pm
Look into it more matey, i beleive its hard to find a garage that will touch it since there arnt many people clued up on the Wankel engine.

Engine aside they are only a 1300cc but extremly fast!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mazda RX7 - 28th Feb 2005 7:15pm
cracking car, have heard tales of them costing a few quid to run though. cant really talk from experience, maybe try looking for a buyers guide on the internet that will tell you what to look out for, what to avoid, common problems, repair costs of common faults, reccomended garages etc smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mazda RX7 - 1st Mar 2005 5:25pm
Originally posted by evo ad:
[b] Do you still have the evo??
Nah it went a few months back. Too many problems [/b]
frown awww no. What you have now?
Posted By: animal Re: Mazda RX7 - 1st Mar 2005 6:04pm
seriously nice cars but the rebuilds need to be done. unfortunatly that costs.
an as some1 sed will go through oil quite quick

but shway car to be fair. up there with kitted supras for looks.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Mazda RX7 - 2nd Mar 2005 8:53am
Originally posted by evo ad:
[b]
[b] Do you still have the evo??
Nah it went a few months back. Too many problems [/b]
frown awww no. What you have now? [/b]
R33 Skyline laugh . It's reliable anyway and handles better than the Evo. Parts are easier get hold of and dont take 3-4 months to arrive! Not as quick as the Evo though frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mazda RX7 - 7th Mar 2005 9:38pm
So yay!!! In some ways and boooo in others hehe happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral