Forums
Posted By: DavidB Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 15th Mar 2005 10:17pm
Autocar have just done a comparison of the Lotus Carlton Vs new 6.0l Monaro VXR. Simple test - 2 mile straight, enter straight in 2nd gear, nail them both at the same time and see which was fastest.

Apparently the Monaro took an immediate lead until the LCs turbos started to do their stuff. At which point it started to catch up, pulled past and continued to pull away until about 140-150. At this point aerodynamics really matter and the Monaro began to real the LC back in, eventually slowly passing it. Top speeds reached were 162 for the Monaro and 159 for the LC. Not bad for an oldie!!!

Interestingly though, the Monaro costs £11000 less than the LC cost in 1989 No wonder they had trouble selling them!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
quality love that monaro, i want one,anyone do a 5.6 monaro engine conversion into my calibra?????
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 16th Mar 2005 1:31pm
monaro is a auzzie so should die. carlton is awesome!!!! i want that 1!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 16th Mar 2005 5:27pm
Carltons go for around or at least 14 grand now. It think it still holds the record for fastest mass four door car, I don't know though.
I remember when the LC was released. All the anti-car campaigners were doing their nut at the top speed being quoted as nearly 3miles per minute! (177mph) I had a 3litre carlton GSI at the time and would have committed murder to get my hands on one of those "green nasties" Think the cheapest ive seen one was 10 grand but it had starship enterprise mileage...... Was still tempted though!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 16th Mar 2005 7:54pm
Big respect to the LotusCarlton, love them laugh
Even to this day there pricey at end of day the car is a legend in its self!
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 16th Mar 2005 8:22pm
arr. carlton.we hav 1 on wirral. left hooker. imported. on j plate. word on the street is its bin stored 4 ages only dun 20ish thousand miles and he paid near 20grand for her!!!!! ooooooooo
Posted By: DavidB Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 17th Mar 2005 10:50pm
At Billing a couple of years ago, it was Vauxhall's 100th anniversary, and there were about 20 Lotus Carltons parked next to each other.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vauxhall Lotus Carlton vs Vauxhall Monaro VXR - 18th Mar 2005 7:04pm
My dad used to have a Calton. Ewww so ugly.
I dont like that Monaro neither.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral