Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 4:18pm
My wife drove into a pothole yesterday, bursting the tyre. £55 for a new one thank you very much sir!

What is the procedure for making a claim on the council for this? Do they pay up?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 5:05pm
Just email them. Not sure if they only become negligent if its been reported. They filled one in Landican Lane that I kept hitting. Id also be concerned about your tracking etc if it was strong enough to burst a tyre.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 5:07pm
Unlikely unless there is substantial damage to wheel rim or suspension, tyres are disposable items.

THIS article talks about pothole claims in Wirral, 4% chance of success.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 5:27pm
The tracking seems OK. The hole was about a foot across and about 6" deep. I suspect it nipped the sidewall.
Posted By: granny Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 5:54pm
You need photographs. It would take a long time to get a result. Hardly worth it really.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 8:31pm
A pothole that bit could easily unseat a motor cyclist and cause serious injury or death. Report it to council.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Potholes - 12th Jan 2016 9:09pm
I know the roads on the Wirral are bad,but it might be handy to know where this bugga is
Cheers Baza
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Potholes - 13th Jan 2016 9:08am
Its on Town Lane, Bebington, on the left hand side as you go up, just before the school and the Bramley Avenue junction. It is only a foot or two from the kerb. She was taking our grandson to school and was parking as she hit it, so was not going fast.

I would have photographed it, but by the time I got there, another car was parked over it. I don't think you'd hit it if you were simply driving up Town lane, it's too close to the side. Who knows! The council might have sorted it by now, although it seems pretty unlikely given their past performance.

I have decided not to bother claiming from the Council. The chance of success is too low to make the hassle worth while.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Potholes - 13th Jan 2016 9:30am
Report it here :-
https://www.wirral.gov.uk/crmservic...=12012&Type=Public&Validate=2010

I did for one in our road and it was inspected and repaired within a month

Dave
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Potholes - 13th Jan 2016 9:50pm
Cheers Baza
Posted By: j_demo Re: Potholes - 20th Jan 2016 6:30pm
spray paint a large penis around it once you make a report

worked for this bloke
Posted By: Santos Re: Potholes - 20th Jan 2016 8:21pm
Originally Posted by daveybm
Report it here :-
https://www.wirral.gov.uk/crmservic...=12012&Type=Public&Validate=2010

I did for one in our road and it was inspected and repaired within a month

Dave

Bet you live in Birkenhead ............
Posted By: daveybm Re: Potholes - 21st Jan 2016 10:31am
Then you'd lose your bet as I live in Wallasey and the road was a small side road not a main road, not that it should make any difference, by the way did you used to post on the Ships Nostalgia website?

Dave
© Wirral-Wikiwirral