Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Tyres Mail Order - 29th Dec 2015 10:22am
Quoted by couple of tyre places around £400 inc fitting for 4 new 205/45 RF17 tyres (runflats for Mini). Looking on ebay I can get 4 brand new ones ( not retreads) for around £130 incs delivery. Brands I have not heard of like Kenda and Delinte.
Any one bought mail order before and been satisfied with quality.
Generally only use mini for local driving and occasional foray to north wales
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Tyres Mail Order - 29th Dec 2015 10:27am
Look for online tyre tests, they test some of the lesser known brands and you can compare the results against those that the premium tyres got.

I did some research and found a Nexen tyre that scored the same as a Bridgestone. Cost about 1/2 the price and I've not noticed any tyre performance differential between the Nexen and Bridgestone.
Posted By: casper Re: Tyres Mail Order - 29th Dec 2015 10:31am
Yes bought online from Asda £40 each fully fitted at local garage, only use car for local but they seem alright no problems had them on for six months, they vary in price, worth a look.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Tyres Mail Order - 29th Dec 2015 11:03am
Have a look at Barum tyres, made by Continental and sold by National Tyres. These tyres are reasonably priced but not bottom end quality. I've used them for years and can't fault them.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Tyres Mail Order - 29th Dec 2015 7:30pm
I ordered 4 x kenda tyres off ebay the arrived they where brand new and decent grip in the wet useless depends how you drive
Posted By: j_demo Re: Tyres Mail Order - 30th Dec 2015 5:35pm
Kenea make 'half decent' mountain bike tyres. And by 'half decent' i mean they do the job averagely and will get you by until you can get a few coins together and throw some Maxxis or DMR's on or something.

For cars they're not gonna be Continental's, Pirelli's or Michellin's but greatest of respect, they're going on a mini not a BMW M5 or something...

My dad uses mytyres.co.uk and has done for the past 4 cars he's had (Golf, Audi TT, Astra, Megane) and he's never had a problem, takes them down to the bloke on dock road to fit them.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tyres Mail Order - 31st Dec 2015 9:03am
Cheers for your thoughts . found website that just does run flats and books you in with a fitter ...in this case halfords in town..plus you get a decent guarantee and you can choose your own time slot. Slightly cheaper option buying off ebay and getting your own fitter but no real guarantee
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Tyres Mail Order - 31st Dec 2015 12:01pm
Bit late to the party on this thread but someone may be interested. I've used Etyres for around 5 years now and found them competitive and reliable. I can chose to have them fitted wither at home or at work which is handy. Good selection of tyres with info to help make the decision
http://www.etyres.co.uk/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral