Forums
Posted By: Wheels New car - 22nd Sep 2005 7:34pm
Im getting bored of my car, i know ive only had it 9months but i miss having a petrol car, ive been out test driving a few fiesta (ST150) and the Lexus IS200 sport. and im supprised to say that even tho they both have more power than my VRS they are infact slower. I settled for the IS200 and I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if i have been accepted on the finance side.

its different from the normal IS200 as the sport has a 2.0 150bhp engine, boot spoiler, black out rear windows, its 20mm lower, and has a different slip diff.

there are to reasons i want this car.

1.its looks
2.rear wheel drive

any feedback about this car would be great. i took a few piccys after the test drive for you to see.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New car - 22nd Sep 2005 7:46pm
I like it mate, executive laugh Are you going to do anything to it at all? It looks lovely like that, maybe a set of 18 or 19's wink

Its got a bigger boot than your VRS, does that mean your gonna be buying more guns wink
Posted By: Wheels Re: New car - 22nd Sep 2005 8:13pm
your right!

[Linked Image] the boot is huge!

i could fill half with ICE (see pic) and still have room for my rifle spare clothes and a pack of jaffa cakes [Linked Image] laugh

If I do get it i think it will stay standard on the looks side of things but i have seen these with superchargers and turbos smile I forgot to mention its a 6speed manual. for some reason it has budget tires on, they are new but if im spending all this money on a new car i want better. I told this too the guy and he said he will fit Brand new Michi's or conti's on it for me happy
EQUIPMENT ON THIS VEHICLE

Remote central Door locking
Climate control

Electrically controlled front seats
Heated front seats

Electric sunroof
Electric mirror operation

8 speaker stereo system
Alarm

Engine immobiliser
Electric windows

Anti-lock brakes
Speed sensitive power steering

Multi CD player
Posted By: scoop Re: New car - 22nd Sep 2005 9:19pm
Pimp. Altho IMO they are a little bit slow for what they are. For that sorta money theres things out there that i'd prefer. But this is what you have chosen to spend ur wad on and its different,not many about and i love the way they look.Engine lets it down tho for me. Beats the skoda tho. Id rather own the IS than the skoda any day tease tease
Posted By: AX_125 Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 8:54am
They are gutless which is a shame cause they are lovely looking cars.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 8:59am
I have wanted one of these for soooooo long but a bit to expensive for me. its already been said they have a big engine but no real power to show if the 157bhp it pushs out. still a fantastic car
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 10:17am
for the same money you could go for a mitsubishi evo 260. im sure they cost about the same as the is200. i could be wrong
Posted By: Sanchez Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 11:22am
very gangster, very you
Posted By: Den Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 1:34pm
whats even scarier is that if u part exed ur VRS at the lexus garage near the oaks my friend is buying ur old car :S
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 1:45pm
That car has been used in many drive-bys raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: New car - 23rd Sep 2005 2:51pm
Were's your proof?!?!?!?!

[Linked Image]

OOOH! this was just a practice shot! wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral