Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Ford Focus 57 plate - 9th Dec 2015 5:09pm
Hi all, my daughter has a Ford focus 57 plate 1.8 Turbo Diesel that refuses to go !
It used to go if you bump started it but it cut out one night and now that doesn't work any more. It does try to start but just does not fire up.
It's had a new sump, oil change ,oil filter, cam belt, fuel pressure regulator, new battery, starter motor, Turbo pipe.

Any ideas as to what to try next or can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic that does not charge just to have a look at it.

Many Thanks
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 9th Dec 2015 5:44pm
Sounds like a set of heater plugs could help!
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 9th Dec 2015 8:36pm
crank sensor
Posted By: turnip Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 9th Dec 2015 9:25pm
Is the check engine light on on the dash? The glow plugs are easy enough to check however if it's an electrical issue and there is a check engine light on it may be worth getting a code reader on it.

When did the issues start to appear?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 9th Dec 2015 9:38pm
I had a big problem with a petrol vehicle when the oil had been overfilled--it would turn over fine cough and splutter , occasionally fire up but died when hit the gas. Check on dipstick its not been overfilled.
Last problem for running and cutting out was solved by a new coil pack.Not too expensive on ebay and sometimes only couple of fixings. Garage didn't pick it up on diagnostic tests.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 10th Dec 2015 6:47am
Has it run short of diesel recently
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 10th Dec 2015 10:35am
Give Turnip a PM so he can put his diagnostic reader on it.

You're wasting time and money throwing parts a problem unless you know which parts are faulty.

Glow plugs are rarely needed to start modern diesels unless its below around -10 degrees. They're only used for DPF regenerations.
Posted By: turnip Re: Ford Focus 57 plate - 10th Dec 2015 10:28pm
I can certainly pop my diagnostics on and see if it finds anything for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral