Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:12pm
THATS IT!!!

Ive had enough of my car....for those that saw the damage i did to it last night just because of a kirb..its gonna cost me a lot to reapir...

ive really given up on my car now people...everytime i start to raise some cash to make some more nice mods to it something like last night happens....

what should i do?

i drive this car around for everyday use aswell as me social life and it just aint practical....but i love it and the looks it gets.....

please help me guys...advice on what to do... help help help help help
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:39pm
Get bigger wheels so your car is off the floor a bit!!
Posted By: scoop Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:41pm
Agreed,then work the engine/change the engine. Tis a good motor and itd be a shame to see it go.U need speed.What would u get if u got rid of it?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:45pm
its all easier said and done..it all costs £££££££

bigger wheels...require lots of archwork on mine..believe me!!

engine is planned...but will now have to be put back to get this damaged repaired..it just seems like one thing after another....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:50pm
I think bigger wheels are a bit more important than a bigger engine aggy, its no point being able to fast if you've still got the impracticality of having to swerve to miss a dead squirral on the road incase your bumpers catch it. I know it means arch work and that but just think how much it'll cost to fix the damage thats on it at the min, that could of payed for half a set of wheels, and if it happens again, then you'll have to dig deep in your pockets AGAIN frown
Posted By: Scooby Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 12:50pm
Buy a smoker for everyday driving around and keep your baby for best matey.

Invest in getting the repair done, even a tidy up job would take your eye away from the damage.

Dont forget how unique and how much the car has cost you to date.

Have faith my child, all will come good thumbsup

You car is the nicest kitted up car on the wirral mate and i think you need to step back a little and take stock, you have cracked the side skirt, thats all......

Throw a couple of hundred quid at it and it will be all singing and dancing once again, with bells on it.

Just remember how you felt when you brought it to the first meet after getting it from the bodyshop, you just need to get your pride back into it mate, thats all.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:00pm
TESTIFY BROTHER JAY.....

but i dont think i can afford a new insurance policy and all that if i buy a banger....deposits and all that stuff.....

thanx for the comments like....made me day that...but your right i have lost pride cos i wouldnt of bin pulling crap handbrakes down the rock last night if i still had pride..need a break from it.. frown
Posted By: scoop Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:03pm
U shud have pride mate,we love it and the looks should give u the pride. When u get compliments on it (which must be all the time) that shud make u think, "tis sexy aint it,and its mine,i made it what it is"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:06pm
Just do something to get if off the floor aggy because your only tempting fate, and sooner or later it'll happen again or you'll catch a bumper instead and you'll have to repair it all over again frown
Posted By: scoop Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:08pm
Hi profile tyres? FWWWWWAAAAAT
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:14pm
Ahhh the joys of modified cars eh laugh

Modify the body and your constantly repairing little marks, modify the engine and your always fixing the mechanical side.

Modifying cars always causes problems, fixing them keeps your heart in it.

You dont want problems, go buy a std Toyota Corolla or summut wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 1:53pm
well said stuy, aggy if you want you can come and see how the 18 s would look on your car, just to see if they go on
Posted By: spinking Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 4:53pm
Do what i am going to do (which is what jay said) get a smoker 1.1mk2 fezzy off a grandma cheap as chips n save your car till summer modding it as you go.

Do you still have the old springs??? if so put em on for a bit.

or swap it for my mondeo raftl
Posted By: Daz VTS Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 7:44pm
You can only do as much as ur bank account can afford to do mate, if i were u i would keep ya car, do the repair.

Uv spent too much money and got the car lookin to nice to throw it all away now, if u want a quicker engine then do an upgrade as and when.

You knew as soon as u put the kit on it was impracticle, raise it with bigger wheels. Deffo would not sell the car tho mate!!!
Posted By: bex Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 8:38pm
get a run around

just use the nice one for social

smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 16th Sep 2005 8:50pm
My car's been on the road for about 4 months out of the 12. I've been driving a single point injection 1.6 that is pretty slow, but it's cheap, and it doesn't make sense driving an unfinished car around.

As Stuy said the more you modify it, the more it breaks, it happens with everything.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 12:13am
Originally posted by aggy:
[b]THATS IT!!!

Ive had enough of my car....[/b]
You want to borrow some rope mate ??

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 12:22am
park it up behind scooby and make an insurance claim

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pwincess Kate Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 12:48am
aww, keep as a social car tis unique, and you know you love it really, as you hugd and kissed it on saturday laugh raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 1:07am
lol daz.
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 1:48am
I agree with the banger idea! and there fun look at my metro! he he!!!!

but in my opinion u can spend all the money in the world on looks but one whoosh of a dump valve will turn plenty more heads!!!!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 17th Sep 2005 10:27am
hey man, dont sell or out just because of a few little probs dude . like ppl have said get a dirt cheap car an garge urs until summer, claim tax bak cancil insurance policy, buy a really cheep car and save save save
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 18th Sep 2005 12:38am
Be gutted too see it go if you decide on that but surely you need to repair it too sell, as soon as you see it repaired you'll be to tempted too keep hopefully.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 18th Sep 2005 1:08am
Aggy you knob, keep it it's your baby. Get the archwork done and get some 18s on there laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 19th Sep 2005 12:48pm
hehe points taken into account guys...il be getting the repairs dont and see how i feel after that happy
Posted By: sjvwc Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 19th Sep 2005 5:08pm
yours is a nice car from the pictures i have seen on here what i would do is have the work done then garage it until the show season and get yourself a run a round thats what i do anyway
don't lose your head over it matey its your pride and joy happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 20th Sep 2005 7:59pm
Already said that you should use it as a show car and get a little run around for your social life smile
Posted By: Meesh Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 20th Sep 2005 8:01pm
ya cant sell me taxi!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ive finally had enough.. - 20th Sep 2005 8:06pm
Originally posted by Meesh:
ya cant sell me taxi!!!!!
Quite rightly said raftl smack
© Wirral-Wikiwirral