Forums
Posted By: Dom Davo R.I.P my megane - 27th Mar 2006 11:08pm
Last thurs i was off 2 pick up my mate, when waiting at a zebra crossing for some1 2 cross, a car hit me from behind (which i reckon was speeding but no proof) the guy did not even break so hit me at atleast 30mph! anyways the back of my car as u can imagine is damaged. (ill get some pics up 2moz)
The bloke has claimed 100% liability for the crash and at the moment im in a 05 plate corsa 1.2 twinport courtesy car.
I had just had fitted a new straight through exhaust just 3 days before this as well frown

I originaly got the car (1.4e rt megane) for £2700 last october.
I got an assessor to look at everything and he added it all up and he says its gna cost £2600 to repair so looks like my first car is a write off job frown

I looked on auto trader and my car with similar milage is on there for around £2600 but the assesser at the bodyshop said his "program" said my car was only worth 2000 in mint condition!

I was just wondering how the guy who ran into me's insuarnce is gna value my car?
Do they take into consideration my mods?
my tints £280
Lexas lights £80
3 days old exhaust £100
i
ve ripped everything else off it, but was wondering about if i left the alloys on it mine are, 17" asia tech warriors by wolfrace in halfords at £700 but paid £425 for them( how much if i left these on would it boost the value)

wot about reciets and that for my mods will i need them as i have lost my tints 1 frown

if any1 has expeirance with this sorta thing help would be massive happy
Posted By: GazzA Re: R.I.P my megane - 27th Mar 2006 11:20pm
dont personally have any experience as i've never crashed before.

But i do know that in 2003 a fiesta reversed out into my dad's land rover while he was driving and damaged the front bumpber, damage got valued at £700 and a 2nd hand bumper was £40! (didn't want a new one as it would look out of shape with the the car being a X reg). So it can be done somehow, i just dont know how tho
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 12:07am
The insurance won't take mods into account, they'll pay to repair a standard car or (in theory) what you told your insurers your car was worth. If I were you I'd rip those wheels off straight away. The warriors are nice rims, I wouldn't let them go scrap with the car.
Posted By: Scooby Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 8:08am
whats your full registration number ? PM me if you dont want it on the forums.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 8:15am
If the mods where declaired, the insurance should pay out the value of the car + value of the mods.

If they where undeclaired it could void your insurance frown
Posted By: AX_125 Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 8:54am
alot of insurance companies who do insure mods only ever restore it to its original form, i am guessing some insurance companies might insure mods and replace them

Bet they would be expensive
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 9:31am
If you want some info send me a PM and i will halp you out, it saves me posting it all over the forums as your case will be unique to you and you wont want everyone knowing your business. ( i have worked in insurance for years)
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 9:36am
gutted for you! first civicboy and now you. you two must be jinxed.
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 11:11am
Ive had a modded car crashed and written off before.And i got over 1500 pound EXTRA for all my mods and i bought the car back to salvage the other mods

Who is ur insurance company?
Did u declare ur mods?
Did u have an agreed increased value on the car?

If the answer to number 2 is no,then u better hope they pay out at all,cos uve kept something from them which has saved u money,u have befrauded them,but if its declared ur ok

If the answer to number 3 is no they'll give u the value of the car and no more,u cud push for more like i did as uve declared ur mods so want them paid out for (raise the point,why did i tell u about this extra kit if u wont even replace it for me)

But get the wheels off it right now,and any ICE thats in it
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 11:34am
scoop matey its not as simple as that. you cant just ask some general questions and think they will apply to all insurance claims. each case is based on its own merits.

Just because your insurance company treated you one way doesnt mean every insurer will treat everyone the same way, each has there own underwriting rules and regs, also they own way to deal with claims, also some dont even deal with there own claims they use third parties or even ULR companies.

Hence the reason i said PM me and i will rack my brains for the CORRECT info not just second guessed info or this happened to my mate and he got £xxxx.xx as that could be totally wrong
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 11:40am
spose i shudda mentioned the fact that when i said u CAN push for more it doesnt mean u will get more,they cud tell u were to get off but it all depends.Just speak with them urself and ask. U wanted views and experiences but the best way to solve this is to just ask em direct. Only if the mods were declared tho

If they werent dont draw ANY attention to urself,just settle for what they give u and count ur lucky stars they dont assrape u
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 11:48am
thing is scoop the accidetn wasnt his fault so he will claim directly from the at fault parties insurers which changes everything. that was the job i have been doing for the last 3 years.

so really what happened to you is irrelivant(sp) as your case is totally different.
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 11:59am
sorry i'll shut up then yeah

I also had a crash 2 years ago when some merc pulled out on me. Everything was replaced like for like,but i went thru an accident management company not my insurer

Got new prowler front bumper,1 new sideskirt,new lockwood grille and 1 17" tyre(and my STI scoop fitted while it was in their for a 50 quid backhander)
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 12:04pm
Bascaily my mods wernt insured. However on the day of the crash, i told them about my exhaust and wheels and they said for me to invoce the reciets (which am gna do 2day). I asked if this would be a problem and could it void my insurace they said it wouldnt.
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 28th Mar 2006 12:11pm
they guys insurace was esure if that matters
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 30th Mar 2006 5:49pm
This is the damage done there is some interior boot damage 2 but didnt have the keys on me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: R.I.P my megane - 30th Mar 2006 6:52pm
Gutted for you mate, no-one likes to see their car get bent. I know all too well!

French cars and their soft metal :rolleyes: It's amazing how it managed to crease the rear arch, just goes to show how soft the metal really is!
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 30th Mar 2006 7:04pm
Close up taken to the extreme,dont look too bad that mate,but if its creased the boot floor that might mean write off? gutted
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 30th Mar 2006 7:09pm
ye the told me tday writen off arguing over the price with them, a job for the loyers
Posted By: DavidB Re: R.I.P my megane - 30th Mar 2006 11:55pm
Did you declare the mods?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: R.I.P my megane - 31st Mar 2006 9:28am
this has been cleared up he is not claiming from his insurance company so mods dont have to be declared.
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 2nd Apr 2006 6:46pm
Well just 2 let you know wots happening, esure have offerd me £1700 and i can keep the car. but i dont realy want a £1700 and a messed up car lol and they say the car is only worth £1700 when scooby the usedcars sales man said its worth 2250 at 68000 (mines done 53,000) so they cancled ma courtesy car the ***** and my soliciter has sent round some independant car valuers round to look at the value. fkn annoying....
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 3rd Apr 2006 6:27pm
1700 quid?? id tell em where to stick it,what reg is it to be worth anywhere less than 3k?
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 3rd Apr 2006 7:00pm
s Reg mate, ive seen my car on autotrader for £2400-2600, and mines got tints etc. thridparty Estimaters came round2day waiting for that phonecall to see how much they value ma car
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P my megane - 4th Apr 2006 8:26am
Take £2k and the car laugh

Spend £50 on a bumper the same colour, pop the rear pannel out and carry on driving it £1950 better off laugh
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 4th Apr 2006 8:20pm
itll then be known to all insurance companies at a "written off" car and will cost a fair percentage more than an identical car that hasnt been spanked,and the rear geometry may be out
Posted By: civic boy Re: R.I.P my megane - 4th Apr 2006 9:57pm
thats not true m8, depends on wot class write off it is
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 5th Apr 2006 4:58pm
Well, the siliciter sent some assessors round 2day and they said the most i could get without takin the piss would be 2250 thats with ma mods on!

I still dont like that price but i dont think theres much more i can do...

i dno if i wud get to keep the car with that price either, just out of curiosity how much do u rkn i could sell my car for in the current state it is O.o. mb if i could keep the car take the £1700 and then try sell the car 2 some1 who wants it for spares or sumit O.o
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: R.I.P my megane - 5th Apr 2006 5:24pm
From the pics I've seen imho I think you could repair that for less than £500. Is it drivable? is the boot floor ok? Take it to sprayforce and get a quote, you might be surprised! Once it's fixed, either keep it or sell it for £3K, then you'd have a nice £4200 wad squashed in your back pocket for a decent project happy
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 6th Apr 2006 5:52pm
The bloot floor is ok, but the inside back bit of the boot is bent, (the inside bit on the right of the megane badge in pic 1 of the damages). the exhaust needs fixing cos its bent lol! so thats £100 so if it could get fixed for say £700 ( allowing felxibility). ive just had a proper look on autotrader and i dont think with it being fully repaird i could get more than £2100. and itl be classed written off so probs wont make much. dno...... nice thaught though
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 6th Apr 2006 5:59pm
Try sponsors for fixing mate,its cheaper than u think. I had a fair whack and got it repaired myself for 400 quid (fair play it was bodged but it cudda been done for the same price at a decent bodyshop (D'oh) insurance companies get taken for a ride when they take cars to a bodyshop
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 6th Apr 2006 6:35pm
ill have 2 see if i keep the car first, insuarnce may want it, they are entitled to keep it arnt they if they write it off, or does it depend on the insuarnce cos wen they offerd 1700 they didnt want it!
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 6th Apr 2006 6:39pm
u can buy it back but im not sure if they HAVE to sell it to u,all i know is i bought mine back for 115 quid,it was cat C,different cats cost different amounts
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 19th Apr 2006 4:27pm
i get to keep my car, im selling it if anyone would like it (ice and rims not included) viewing welcome
Posted By: scoop Re: R.I.P my megane - 19th Apr 2006 4:45pm
prob best off breaking it mate,get on some megane/renault owners clubs and sell it all in bits,people always need new bonnets ETC and engine parts,and that interior in a clio????? some1 might want it,but i dont think someone would want the whole car,may be wrong,if u can have it fixed with the money the insurance company have given u u cud then sell it for a fraaction of market value,and turn it round to make u money
Posted By: Lund Re: R.I.P my megane - 19th Apr 2006 9:31pm
Yea Mine was written off a while back, someone ran into the back of (it was my mums old,old,old car). Got it back off the insurance and claimed Sorn on it. (Keep it off the road)Can you do that, take it off the road and repair your car yourself, or have it done by accident repair?

Just a suggestion happy

http://www.cruisewirral.com/gallery/uploads/01/06april/cruisewirral15002.jpg
Posted By: Dom Davo Re: R.I.P my megane - 22nd Apr 2006 1:16pm
id break it for spares etc, but im a bit inexpericanted at this and dont have time would also drather get the money now ratehr than down the line but would go so cheap as to say i need a quick sale
© Wirral-Wikiwirral