Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Insurance Scam? Hospital Car Park - 18th Sep 2015 5:00pm
My wife was at Clatterbridge hospital visiting when a lady approached her saying my wifes registration number had been left on the windscreen of her car by someone who allegedly saw my wife cause damage to this ladies car on a previous day. (£2000 worth according to the lady) Funny how no damage on my wifes car. The woman went to see my wifes car and said there was white paint on the black wheel arch ( its actually car polish). My wife has also never parked in the car park in question because she thought it was staff only. The lady said she had already passed our registration onto her insurers. After a few polite words the lady returned saying it was all a mistake ??? No cctv around that we can see. Rather weird but we shall see if our insurers get onto us.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Insurance Scam? Hospital Car Park - 18th Sep 2015 5:10pm
Funny that, my mum was stung in Clatterbridge car park a number of years ago.

Owner and three witnesses just happened to be looking out a downstairs window when my mum parked next to the owner's car. Apparently they all had x-ray telescopic vision through three rows of cars a distance away and saw my mums car tapping the other car causing a few hundred pounds of damage and yet leaving no mark on my mums car.

Insurance caved in straight away mad

I would have given my name as Donald Duck with CloudCuckoo insurance company.
Posted By: granny Re: Insurance Scam? Hospital Car Park - 19th Sep 2015 8:12am
..and why would 'the lady' happen to be in the same car park at the same time as your wife, when she wouldn't even know if your wife would be there , ever again ?

Was 'this lady' to sit there all day waiting for your wife to arrive, or has she been spying on your wife's movements, from either inside or outside the hospital ?

I hope your wife was able to point the woman in the right direction , (to quote Pinz's favourite expression) 'in short, sharp, jerky movements' .

Nobody needs this obnoxious, stress related trickery when visiting hospitals. Most people are already stressed enough, due to the very reasons they are there in the first place.

The whole affair needs to be reported.

Posted By: Blueskier Re: Insurance Scam? Hospital Car Park - 19th Sep 2015 11:09am
Take date stamped pictures of your car all around to show no damage on it.
Cover your back.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral